The HDRkid Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Positive Prediction.

Next year we will have XLent scooter sales. If you have a scooter store this is great news. Also both India and China are developing inexpensive (under $3000) suncompact automobiles that are very fuel efficient.

Plenty of jobs in the field of oil exploration. For farmers, corn prices are going to be great. Many democrats will be elected next year on green initiatives.

People in the alt energy biz will do well (Solar power, wind turbines, etc).

http://money.cnn.com/video/#/video/fortune/2007/11/28/fortune.csuite.chevron.renew.energy.fortune

Thanks for the upbeat 'predictions' HDRKid.

Now, going back to one of your previous ones:

In reply to:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HDRKid:
My question to you is - when Hillary is elected a year from now, the first woman president in the history of the US, will you admit I am right, or will you say "That was obvious, I knew she would win. You didn't predict anything!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Skeptisaurus: Okay...I'll play. A year isn't that long HDRKid. I WILL acknowledge your Time travelling prowess if Hillary Clinton is elected President of the United States next year. But only if you agree right now to admit you're full of crap is she isn't.

Your prediction that Hillary will be President doesn't look very likey to come true at this stage:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22217110

Of course, if you have seen the future then you'll no better than I what comes to pass. That being the case, my offer still stands. /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Positive Prediction.

Next year we will have XLent scooter sales. If you have a scooter store this is great news. Also both India and China are developing inexpensive (under $3000) suncompact automobiles that are very fuel efficient.

Plenty of jobs in the field of oil exploration. For farmers, corn prices are going to be great. Many democrats will be elected next year on green initiatives.

People in the alt energy biz will do well (Solar power, wind turbines, etc).

http://money.cnn.com/video/#/video/fortune/2007/11/28/fortune.csuite.chevron.renew.energy.fortune

I was hoping for, and actually asked for, something MUCH more specific than these. You always go on how your predictions are specific and razor sharp, and virtually no one agrees with you. This is your chance to make a SPECIFIC, POSITIVE prediction. Saying some certain class of businesspeople will "do well" is hardly specific. Now, saying Hillary Clinton will win the presidency is highly specific. But I certainly do not consider that a positive prediction! :D

RMT

I was hoping for, and actually asked for, something MUCH more specific than these. You always go on how your predictions are specific and razor sharp, and virtually no one agrees with you.

Yeah. Not even predictions really. Just more of the same logical extrapolations of current trends.

When HDRKid first predicted Hillary as President, of course, that too was a reasonable extrapolation of a then current trend. The problem for HDR is that a little bit of time has passed and that trend is looking increasingly unliklely to end with Hillary in the White House.

So here's my Time Travel Prediction. Its specific and razor-sharp and I'll bet just about everyone here will agree with me...

HDRKid will continue to sweep the 'Hillary for Prez' prediction under the carpet even if it means continuing with his/her obstinate and lip-curlingly-cringy ignoring of my very straightforward challenge.

What's it to be HDRKid? Do I have to hound you to death about this? (Cos I will
ya know!

Previously, the only time you acknowledged the challenge was when you avoided it by saying that I'm not actually asking you a question. That I'm taunting you. No HDRKid. The truth is that if I am indeed taunting you its because you flat out refuse to answer a simple and straightforward question. You keep turning up here demanding to be taken seriously and dismissing anyone who who doesn't as being myopic debunkers who fail to see the power of your vision. All you have to do is actually back up what you have claimed for once...

I stated (long before things started to swing against Hillary) that I WILL acknowledge you have genuine time travelling capabilities if she's elected. But only if you'll admit that you don't if she isn't. Its totally SIMPLE....right?

The reality, of course, is you can never do that. Because, like Uri Gellar on Carson, you've been caught absolutely dead in the water and no amount of squirming will get you out of it.

Unless, of course Hillary's actually elected. In which case you've nothing to worry about because that's what you've 'seen' in your RV reconnaissance of next year, right?

So here we go again...HDRKid. Will you:

1: Once and for all, accept my challenge and show you've got the balls to put your money where your mouth is?

2: Choose to ignore this challenge yet again or find some other way to slime out of it? Making it absolutely clear to everyone here what you're really about.

Personally, I predict option 2. You've already called Darby a liar on this board and my patience is wearing thin as a result. If you avoid this straightforward challenge one more time I'll have no compunction in labelling you both a liar and a fraud.

To Rainman:

I would like to report that the compressed air car is doing great in the future.
http://www.gizmag.com/go/7000/

Sadly, in a jump to 2052 I did not see that. No alcohol, biodiesel, electric, etc. STILL using gasoline as a fuel. The cars were tiny, but similar to a SMART car.

To Skeptic:

Glad you think Hill & Bill will not win. Somehow it seems that she will dig up dirt on the o-man. However, seriously, did you ever believe he had a chance? He has more skeletions rattling in his closet than a HOLLOween haunted house.

Huckelberry hound is very popular with hard core right wing republicans. I want to vote for Rudy. Still, even with Rudy, the reps lose. In fact, Hill will beat Rudy in NY.

Let me give you the stats. Out of thirty jumps to 2008. O-man won in one, Rudy won in two, and in 27 Hill & Bill won. There is a slim chance, a very slim chance for Rudy to win.

Rudy beating Hill is like the Miami Dolphins beating the New England Patriots. I believe that Wayne "garbageman" Huzienga Ex CEO of Waste Management is tring to sell the worst team in history (IMHO).

The big question is who is going to be VP. /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif

HDRKid,

I don't have the benefit of 'jumpin' to 2008. I'm simply guessing. But you're telling me that even though you're giving yourself a 27 in 30 chance of success you're STILL not willing to put up or shut up.

That's truly pathetic. You're a shame-faced liar and whatsmore you know it.

Hi HDRKid!

What's the world like in 2020's and 2030's and when does neonlit-skyscrapers future finally arrive?

Thanks.

Hey, HDRkid! I just got shocked with a big jolt of static electricity, and what do you know, it propelled me into the future! And here are my predictions!

Barack OBama will be the the President. The win will be extremely close and outcries of more voting being rigged will be heard. However, this will be a shot in the arm for the African American community who now feel empowered and will go far in terms of healing some race relations in our culture. Now there is a positive role model and we will see a change in the music culture (ie, rap stars glorifying violence and drugs, etc will be less and less.) This in turn helps to heal a nation. During the elections, it will be noted that an unprecidented amount of both young and african americans registered to vote for the first time in order to bring this about.

We will continue to see a surge in new drugs to treat common ailments, but in particular there will be a break through in understanding diabetes and treatments for it. At the same time there will be a "war on foods" where policing of foods will become evident-schools, hospitals, etc will enact rules and regulations to ban certain foods from being available. More and more people will insist on "organic" and "natural" however expect a scandal. There will be "investigative" reporting showing that many of the foods labeled "organic" and "natural" are in turn, not.

A prominent political figure of our own government will have a fatal heart attack in the next two years.

There will be a volcanic eruption that will stun the world.

Our country will head into a recession which will finally end the Iraq war as we pull our troops out slowly.

The technology of holosonic, will be banned in advertising after someone who is mentally unstable claimed to have "heard voices" urging them to kill and it turned out to be a prankster who got a hold of the technology.

Soon, one device will be needed as all of our entertainment components will be combined into one. Our television will also be a computer, with built in tivo capacity, built in dvd, etc. we will no longer need separate components as it will all be built into one machine. This includes the telephone.

All of it will eventually be routed thru fiber optics, however, we will still be in on the 3rd world country level in terms of internet speeds, this mostly due to big business. As it is now, you will have to pay to upgrade to a speed that is compatable with most of our needs.

For those affected by the housing bubble, there will be a "forgiveness" credit however it will be akin to being bankrupt, forcing them to pay extremly high interest even if locked in on any future purchase of a home.

Thats all I see for now............

Gee, that was fun and easy. Now if I happen to be right on ANY of it, its purely a coincedence. I mean, my time traveling abilities work.

Gosh, a person came on GLP claiming to be John Titor recently. He said Mitt Romney would win the presidential election. :eek:

Risata,

First, this thread is called "The HDRKid Thread" so here we are discussing about his predictions.

Second, you can't just arrive from nowhere, interfere our conversation, and start talking about something doesn't related to this theme.

Let HDRKid to speak about future if we asked him to.

Mix38,

I think it is time for you to grow a sense of humor. Risata's post is just fine for this thread. It is parody of HDRkid's nonsense, and parody is protected speech both here and by the Constitution.

Personally, I think Risata's "predictions" are a breath of fresh air and show how stale and re-treaded HDRkid's "predictions" of doom are.

RMT

Kid,

I would like to report that the compressed air car is doing great in the future.
http://www.gizmag.com/go/7000/

All you are doing is reinforcing the FACT that you are making vague guesses about what will happen in the future based on dittys you find on the internet today. Something you claim your critics accuse you of, for which you are now definitizing their accusations. You're so fake that even a 3 dollar bill would call you a phony!

And still, NONE of your predictions are specific enough to be anything more than guesses.

And let me take this opportunity to also point out that NOT ONLY did you get the price of gas wrong (no matter how much you ignore or deny it, you predicted $4/gal), but it seems we are quickly coming upon the close of 2007 and we have yet to see oil cross the psychological barrier of $100/barrel. Ain't that a shame?

Oil Prices Fall on Economic Worries

But by midday in Europe, light sweet crude for January delivery had shed 48 cents to $90.79 a barrel in electronic trading on the New York Mercantile Exchange.

Brent crude fell 31 cents, going for $91.38 a barrel on London's ICE Futures exchange.

Worries about the state of the U.S. economy already affected the market Friday, when the contract fell 98 cents to settle at $91.27 a barrel after Washington reported inflation jumping in November by the largest amount in more than two years.

The more you laud yourself and your "abilities" the more silly you look, kid. I can only imagine what you will do (disappear?) if/when Hillary does NOT win the election. Heck, it would be funny to see what you say if she doesn't even win the Dem nomination! You should've taken Skepti's offer while you had the chance. Personally, I am looking forward to his continued drilling of you on this. You set the stage, kid... so no whining how the play turns out! /ttiforum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

RMT

Yo Rain:

When reporting an event it sometimes happens that I will have a near miss.

For example I predicted that on Dec 31, 2007 gasoline would be above three /gallon.

http://www.fuelgaugereport.com/

It may be that I am off by a few pennies.

Also, I predicted that oil would go over $100/b. It went as high as $99.60 but did not break the 100 dollar barrier.

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/special-report-after-2007-records/story.aspx?guid=%7B15E07F9D-B0F6-40D1-B95E-D60ADC29445F%7D&dist=hplatest

Still, the trend is up for oil and gold, but down for the Dow and dollar.

When I reported that in 2015 the russians hit all american cities over 100,000 and that the population of the US was five million. If they miss a city, will that really change things?

ok kiddo, i'll give you a way to prove yourself beyond a shadow of a doubt, but be cautious of choosing to do this, for it could be your downfall....

put on yer super helmet, go check out a forum posting from the future, check the date and time, and then post what they post 1 minute before they post it.

...oh wait, words are fuzzy right? heh. how...convienient.

Kid (AKA Liar):

For example I predicted that on Dec 31, 2007 gasoline would be above three /gallon.

No, you did not. You predicted $4/gal. Did you not pay attention to the links I provided just before I created this thread? They are to YOUR blog. Care to explain these?

http://hdrkid.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2006-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-08%3A00&updated-max=2007-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-08%3A00&max-results=50

They are your words, HDRkid... are you now going to claim that someone was impersonating you? Or that perhaps that blog was written on another timeline?

Deal with reality, don't run away from your mistakes. Embrace them. You were a whole dollar/gallon off!

RMT

Kid,

You're off by a dollar and a few pennies. You predicted, twice, that the price would be $4.00 (yes - you also predicted a price of $3.00 at a time when people were already paying $3.00 - like me - as I pointed out to you. As I told you then, in California we'd been paying $3.00+ for over a year.)

That's a miss by over 33%, not a near miss.

> parody is protected speech both here and by the Constitution.

I missed that. Thanks, RainmanTime.

Risata,

I haven't noticed that you've already posted on this thread. My apologies. I hope you won't get hard on me. :oops:

HDRKid,

Would you answer my question, if you can?

Thanks.

Risata,

I haven't noticed that you've already posted on this thread. My apologies. I hope you won't get hard on me.

LOL, it's all good, Mix. There's always someone willing to defend the kid. Enjoy it for entertainment's sake. One of these days HDRkid will get a correct prediction-as they say, even a broken clock is right twice a day /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mix38,

I think it is time for you to grow a sense of humor. Risata's post is just fine for this thread. It is parody of HDRkid's nonsense, and parody is protected speech both here and by the Constitution.

Personally, I think Risata's "predictions" are a breath of fresh air and show how stale and re-treaded HDRkid's "predictions" of doom are.

RMT

Thanks RMT!! I am glad you caught the tongue-in-cheek response as sarcasm and parody are often difficult to convey via text on a screen....but I'm not surprised, the most intelligent peeps usually get it. Not that mix isn't intelligent, but, first time he's ever seen me post;)

To Risata:

That is one way to sum things up. I have little humor seeing the future. Hypercatastrophe is a better word to sum it up.

To Mix:

In timelines without "the war" we see a world close to our own. In the 2030's there are robotic cars. These driverless AUTOmobiles are close to what you saw in the movie "TOTAL RECALL". The johnniecab was a funny, prophetically close image of what is to come.

Think of how close Star Trek came with its communicators to the modern cellular telephones. On that note in 2050's fusion power becomes common and we break our dependence on fossil fuels. Still people continue using cars until the 2080's when teleporters become common. This creates a massive jobless rate. Not only do car builders lose their jobs, but motels close down, as well as roadside restaurants.

Our world changes drastically after the teleporter. No longer do you see gigantic superhighways crowded with automobiles in the future. Everything seems strange from this point forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.