April 12th

Haber already tried the nuclear war story. I personally feel that the next time traveler should be a bit more creative.

Use your device to travel to the future. Snap a photo of some newspapers for us.

Hello, as I mentioned previously, the device used is a one way trip into the past. Additionally, it is a stationary device from my period. I mentioned above regarding future travel.

Is there another "you" alive in this time? You didn't say what year you're from, but your English is pretty close to what we have today so I don't imagine it's hundreds or thousands of years off.

Did you leave your family in your time? Or were you inferring that you'd experienced their loss and traveled because you had nothing to stay there for? Do you expect to die here because of whatever's coming, or are you hoping to bunker down somewhere and live in whatever world comes next?

Sorry the rapid-fire questions - I like this story. Been turning it over in my mind last couple days.

I never intended on the details at this point, but why not? I'm already viewed to be crazy.

I had an amazing life in my period. A child on the way, military service being up shortly and wealthy enough to exist. Food is always harder to guarantee, but there was no major worry about my future. Then came the big day and it brought my nightmare. I lost my wife and baby boy in child birth. The loss destroyed who I am.

You're asking why not go back and see your wife? I simply can't. That world has me in it already. Parrel universes don't exist. There is only one of us at all times. If I go there, I will have no remembrance of the future and I will be choosing my death the second my attempt to travel is successful. It is like resuming where I was in whatever moment.

Time is a never ending line. Time is also a human concept. This moment happens on the line no matter what. All moments occur simultaneously, that's the most popular theory we have. Another belief is traveling backwards has no impact on the future. If you were never there and forced yourself into this line, it is just like interrupting someone mid sentence. They will continue with their thoughts.

What if I came back and killed my great grandparents? Would I be born? Yes. There is a moment in time where they exist no matter what. My perception of their death is just that perception. With no way of going forward on the timeline to see the result, does the result really happen? The line never ends and it will only be changed to you, the obesever.

It is heavily debated and there are more theories than you'd ever imagine. It has brought question to the entire existence of ourselves and post human life.

I have no intentions of interrupting time. I want to provide aid. Will that make a long term impact? Absolutely not. I can not change the future. It is here and it has happened already. What I can do is use my life to acquire meaning and purpose to myself and hopefully others.

I will never convince anyone of this and I personally have no reason to. Without my family I have nothing. I am ready to go and I'm choosing my way out to be one that is beneficial.

Nobody thinks you're crazy. We've just heard this many, many times, over and over. When the boy cries wolf too many times, nobody ends up believing him. So, a time traveler would have a very hard time convincing us. But I will try to play along if you don't mind a few questions. Cosmo said he doesn't mind this sort of thing, so I'll let you go for it. lol. :)

You said you can only travel back in time and there will be a nuclear war here soon. Why would you come here to endure a nuclear war when you could avoid this time?

You said you can only travel back in time and there will be a nuclear war here soon. Why would you come here to endure a nuclear war when you could avoid this time?
The original poster covered this ⬆️in depth⬇️

I came to this age on purpose. My life and family will never be the same, leaving me with nothing left to live for. I suffer from PTSD, anxiety, and depression from my traumatic events. You could say this is me gambling to make my life meaningful.

This is me coping by making my life meaningful.

I want to make a difference with my life, I have nothing left.

I lost my wife and baby boy in child birth. The loss destroyed who I am.

What I can do is use my life to acquire meaning and purpose to myself and hopefully others.

I will never convince anyone of this and I personally have no reason to. Without my family I have nothing. I am ready to go and I'm choosing my way out to be one that is beneficial.

there is simply nowhere else to find a discussion on this subject matter at face value.
Ain't that the truth! I do my best to enable the suspension of disbelief here. What's important is the substance of your claim, not the way in which you package it.

Time travel is not as straight forward as this period views the idea.
You used the "firing an arrow" analogy in a later post. Is that an example of what you meant by this statement, or is there more you can share about our current misunderstanding of time travel?

Many have made this trip throughout history both voluntarily and forced. Our now shared future has no ability to track past travelers lifetimes when I left.
I was about to ask if there were any other travelers we might know, but your second statement handles that. If I understand right, you're saying that once someone travels back in time, there's no way to track their activities from their point of departure?

I came to this age on purpose. My life and family will never be the same, leaving me with nothing left to live for. I suffer from PTSD, anxiety, and depression from my traumatic events. You could say this is me gambling to make my life meaningful.

That leads me to my point of all this. April 12th will change world history forever. Current tensions with Russia are obviously covered. After the refusal to transport the American onboard the international space station, Russian tensions grow remarkably higher.

I refuse to give away countries and times. I am a believer in the fact that god chose who lives and survives, not myself. However, on the day of April 12th nuclear war begins. The entire planet will suffer as a result. Extinction will narrowly be missed.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-60755328

This is the latest news I can find, but I don't know when exactly it's supposed to happen. What will it mean if this astronaut is brought home?

I refuse to give away countries and times. I am a believer in the fact that god chose who lives and survives, not myself. However, on the day of April 12th nuclear war begins. The entire planet will suffer as a result. Extinction will narrowly be missed.
The Pope is going to consecrate Ukraine and Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary, following along with the Fatima prophecies. This is supposed to happen on the 24th or 25th. Does this have anything to do with the events you know of?

https://www.foxnews.com/world/pope-consecrate-russia-fatima-prophecy

I like your thought about God choosing who lives and dies. What will be will be. If I'm part of that, I'll be dead so I won't care ;)

Do you feel the consequences are deserved?

So why would I pick now, the worse period in our global history to come? I am ready to dedicate myself to the efforts of survival for man kind. I have traveled to a safe location in the United States short term. I have brought with myself funding to aquire the items needed to survival and assist. Having the knowledge of knowing what happens is a blessing and curse. My odds of survival are low; however, this is my chance to do something special with my life.
In what manner do you expect to help mankind survive? Would that change the future? Or perhaps it's already happened and you're just fulfilling the cause/effect loop?

I'm sorry for an overly saddened tone. I have no words of comfort for what is to come. I'll try to answer any questions to the best of my abilities without being overly specific or personal. As you can imagine, opening up about this has my mind racing.
It's 2022. The last few years can be summed up with "and then it got worse". The pendulum will swing the way it swings, and we'll either hang on for the ride or we won't. Some dry reality checks right now are not at all out of place.

Well, maybe I'm wrong. I was under the impression that this period viewed time travel as getting into a machine or device, pressing a few buttons then popping out at your destination exactly when and where you wanted, then returning to your original period as you wish.

Think of time travel as this line below.

--------------------------------------------

There is a clear path forward and backward. You can't make that line go up or down. It will never deviate from this path. It won't split or fracture. Alternate timelines do not happen.

Now think of your place on the timeline as the letter T.

---------------------------TTT----------

You represent three places as your existence. Personally, you will never exist again or simultaneously in those places.

If you were to travel to where you existed, you simply have traveled back to yourself in that moment. You will live your life with no awareness of the future. No awareness that you did what you had. Because you are back in that moment in time.

Eventually you will be right where you were when you traveled backward. Is that an endless loop now? Is that your death? Sooo many questions have been raised about life and death. The meaning of existence is all the more confusing. I personally believe if I were to travel to the past with my T, I would be dead. What happens in death I haven't the slightest idea but I do know I never want to relive my life.

Okay so now let's discuss about where I arrived in the past without me represented by the letter T again. There was never a T there previously so I can infact exist here.

-----------------T------TTT----------

All moments have happened simultaneously if we are going by the above. You are simply moving about the moments. If you were never there, you can exist.

Think about that for a second. If I go back and killed my great-grandmother, you think there should never be a future T or a past T.

That's where you are wrong. My perception of the moment is key. They are absolutely dead to me. The moment will move forward with them dead. However simultaneously time has them on the original path.

It's not an alternative reality. It is a moment in time that has already happened. The outcome of life and death has occurred already. You simply can't erase my life when I have already lived it and used it. Going from present day into the past to kill is going backwards. You're inserting yourself at that moment. It's not possible to insert yourself at litterally every single moment to alter a timeline.

I am sorry if I confused you or anyone else trying to follow along. I'm not a scientist and I'm not very smart. I understand how things work similar to how your average person understands how a truck works.

I cashed in on this opportunity to travel backwards. I chose this moment because as dark as it is, it will be the easiest way for me to die and make my life meaningful.

The article you linked is interesting because it's a few days old at least. Today reports have there being no issue with the Russians' willingness to transport the astronaut. One thing you will notice in the news is nato. They won't get involved because the conflict is confined. If something were to happen as a direct result of the space station, that involves nato.

I don't expect to help mankind survive, I'm just one person. I do wish to help survivors survive. I will personally put in the effort with that until I simply can't. That will be my greatest accomplishment and the most value I can abstract from an unwillingness to live.

It won't be the end of human kind. Infact this entire topic of conversation isn't possible without the events to come.

Thank you again for listening. If you believe me or not, this is very therapeutic and relaxing to me.

I also totally neglected to mention the accuracy of traveling. It isn't accurate! When you shoot an arrow you aim right for the center. You look where it hit and you're surprised to see it high left.

That is the most basic comparison I can give you. It's impossible to say I want to arrive 30 seconds before midnight March 17th. You can narrow that down and do your best. Due to the inability of science, that's simply the best we have. You don't want to show up late to work, so I don't want to show up late to my goal! So we pick a window that will get us early when things inventibly get effected.

The popular theory on the above relates to the sheer density of the fabric of the universe. There are astronomical amounts of moving pieces. Like driving through a storm anything can set you off path.

Where? All I see is, "I am now trapped in this age for the rest of my life without hope for rescue or repairability to return."
In the larger context of their remarks, I would summarize the quotes I posted above by saying that they believe their future life isn't worth living. As a result, they've come to the past (or present) to help others try to survive the impending WWIII, knowing that they will likely die trying.

In other words, they view themselves as sacrificing a life in our reality that is not worth living in theirs, at least not in their eyes. In a way, it reminds me of the aged Judges in Judge Dredd that go out into the badlands when they retire in an attempt to bring law to the lawless, knowing that it will end in death for them.

I hope that interpretation makes some sense. Maybe the original poster can remark on whether I am getting the gist of their story.

Hi Dizzie, yes I'd say your summary is on point. I suck at explaining and wording things. Sometimes I make the simplest statements too prolonged. I never heard of Judge Dredd however haha

I sent me, it wasn't anything elaborate or special. Due to the situation with my wife, baby and being in the military, the compensation on life insurance was sizeable. Combined with a malpractice lawsuit, suddenly I had money to spend. After a year plus of waiting, here I am before you today.

I'm guessing you are now asking the where and how more specifically?

It's not secretive technology at all. It was a massive gradual breakthrough that the world was glued to for years. Then came the experiments and eventual success. An idea transformed into reality in front of the planet.

What is to come is ironically how it all started. Human life will be challenged but the result of that challenge is much needed lessons, opportunities for growth and scientific breakthroughs.

Can any average or rich person make and do this at home? Nope. There are a handful of distributors of these services world wide. The environment where time travel can happen is the largest factor. There are only so many possible locations. Some are government controlled. Others are corporation controlled. Regardless of who controls what, money will get you an opportunity.

Is this popular? No. It's expensive and most people just like today, simply will never have the income to do it. Is it super upper echelon? Nope! I don't know the exact equivalent. The best way I think I can describe it would be the difference between a worker at a gas station versus a well practiced doctor.

Then does your average person really want to do this? Would you? Your friends and family will forever be gone. All you have are memories of all the good you had. You will become a complete and utter stranger to an entire planet. You will become a stranger to the way of life. Could you handle that as a person? You are alone without no return to your period.

You likely haven't even thought about the life and death aspect of this and how that comes into play. Additionally you'll never change history, it's impossible. At best you can be a spectator or you can live the fantasy of what is to come from any actions you may take because I mentioned before it takes all moments to be altered not just one. And what of a mistake? Are you ready to die?

It takes money and the right mindset to want to do this. With every person who does though at least science is attempting to learn from it.

I wasnt looking for a big convoluted reply.

But anyway life and death either way id quite popular on most religious movements.

So you where sent automatic, ?

Lets wait till the 12th of April what happens if your prediction doesnt come true, we have to go through this all again.

Re: id didnt tell you this or that :)

The device is human controlled. There is a person who operates it. There is nothing automated about the process if I understand correctly