Hello, This is an interesting worldline.

Bruce2047

Temporal Novice
Helo, I am Bruce, I am 37 years old from 2047. I was looking around the internet for people to converse with and stumbled onto this site. I arrived here on May 12th, 2006 using a GMD C206B with a VGL 2.6 installed in a 1996 Nisan Sentra. This worldline (timeline as you call it) is very favorable for my missions as there currently is only a 0.725% divergence, but as your worldline progresses it will likely diverge more.

My mission here is to collect seeds from plants which were once native to my region in 2047, but died out due to the great war. These are needed in my worldline for medicinal purposes and for replanting in the forests. My secondary mission, if the divergence is suficiently low, is to collect genealogical data as most of our records were lost due to the war. I am not very technical beyond that of a trained botanist. My training with time travel equipment is only in basic operation of the unit. This is similar to the the training the people of this worldline receive in the operation of the internal combustion engines you use for transport. However, despite that limitation of my education I hope we can share information between our two worldlines.

I do not expect anyone to believe me as I have noticed people on this forum expect these wild "predictions" of future events from this worldline which are imposible in a universe with trillions upon trillions of different worldlines. All I can give is the history and events prior to my trip here of my worldline which likely will not be the same as yours. There are some things I have found rather humorous while reading here the past few days. Several have chastized alleged time travelers by not predicting things like the recent governmental change in a country called Thailand or attacks of underground trains. Does it not occur to anyone that a current event that may be important to you is an unimportant insignificant event in the future? I don't remember a governmental change in a country named Thailand in 2006 from my history courses. So either the event was insignificant or didn't occur in my worldline.

On this worldline I am staying with my great-uncle in West Virginia. It is rather interesting as we are nearly the same physical physical age. I knew him from my time as a very wise man in his late 70's. It was decided, by him no less, prior to my trip, that I not inform his sister (my grandmother) and her daughter (my mother) of my arrival here since my mother is 16, in high-school, and my birth is a long way off. I am introduced as a friend who is helping him with reasearch.

I have brought a few articles with me from my worldline. One item that may be of interest is a copy of a 2006 topographical of the area I am staying. I have obtained one from this worldline and am looking over the differences. Once I find a place to host images I will share them with you. As this is getting to be a long message and there is so much I would like to not only talk about, but hear from others I will pause for now. I do ask that you forgive any mispellings I make as some words from my time and worldline are spelled slightly differently (I am often refering to a dictionary) and there are a couple more verb tenses I use that appear to be not in use today.

Good evening ladies and Bruce's:

Great gloating cannot float the boat. As long as you realize there is no fear in the tear, why would you fail to hear what is here? I have pro-rated before that fractional hotspots must have a strap rendered to make them legitimate. So give up the ghost and fork over the most!

Paraclete,
RMT

I haven't the slightest idea of what you are saying. Are you using idioms? If so I have no comprehension of what they are supposed to mean.

Bruce,

So, if you're a botanist sent here to reforest Thailand why in god's name would you be looking in West Viginia? Has botany changed so much in the next 40 years that a botanist doesn't know that trees from the 4 season temperate zone of the Atlantic Ocean area of North America might have a hard time thriving in the 2 season Indian Ocean tropical zone of Southeast Asia?

What is a "GMD C206B with a VGL 2.6"? Are we supposed to guess or just be generally imressed that you can toss out an actitornym?

What is worldline? Does this have anything to do with Minkowski or did Internet quasi-science jargon, unlike the trees, survive the "great war"?

What is "small divergence" and how do you measure it in a non-local sense, i.e. how do you place a metric on the entire universe and compare that to some other universe?

And last, but cerrtainly the least, how is it that the survivors of a war that takes place less than 40 years from now can't remember who their ancestors were? Was it a matter of instead of dropping smart bombs during the "great war", they dropped stupid bombs?

As a botinist maybe you should take back some blue Forget-Me-Not (Myosotis arvensis) seeds.

I haven't the slightest idea of what you are saying. Are you using idioms? If so I have no comprehension of what they are supposed to mean.
That is because you flail within hail while you are on the trail. One such as ewe should have little dentate being able to train your brain to read the strain. But if you feel kelp, you can answer the Darby whelp:
What is "small divergence" and how do you measure it in a non-local sense, i.e. how do you place a metric on the entire universe and compare that to some other universe?
Numen,
RMT

Darby,

I didn't say I was here to reforest Thailand! My reference to Thailand was that the recent change in government on this worldline was aparently an insignificant or nonexistant event in my worldline. I also didn't say that I was collecting seeds to reforest an area. I said I was collecting seeds of species to replant in the forests. The native plants which became extinct in my area in my worldline in the future which is in your worldline's West Virginia. In my worldline the area which was once West Virginia is a part of the country Appalachia. Trees are pleniful, however several herbs and forbs have become extinct some of which have medicinal properties.

My third sentence said what a worldline is. It is basically the same as what you say is a "timeline." If you prefer that I use timeline instead of worldline I will comply. Sorry about the acronymns in my previous post. I will try to post the meaning of an acronymn prior to use. GMD is Gravity Manipulation Distorter, C206B is the model number of the unit VGL is Variable Gravity Lock and 2.6 is the version of the VGL.

Divergence is the percentage of difference between my worldine and yours. I do not know how it is calculated. My training of the devices used is limited beyond how to operate the unit. Do you know the technical details of all operation of your automobile? After extensive military testing and missions timetravel was opened up to non-military agencies for non-military missions. Mine is such a mission. There was recent legislation passed by my government permitting limited civilian "pleasure" trips to worldlines with a high amount of divergence such as worldlines where there is no intelligent life. Low divergence is considered worldlines which diverge from ours of less than 1%. High amount of divergence is considered worldlines which diverge by more than 25%.

Some genealogy information is generally known back to ones great-grandparents, but farther back has been lost due to destruction of most of the world's internet servers and databases where the information was stored. Can you trace your ancestory back to the 1600's or farther without finding the information stored on internet server or a computer database? There are 3 genealogists from my region on this mission. Each will be in slightly divergent worldlines due to the difficulty of each to reach the same exact worldline. The data from all three will be compiled and compaired when we return.

Forget-Me-Nots are on my list of seeds to collect. However, Myosotis arvensis is an alien to North America. I am collecting Myosotis laxa which is the native species. Here is a partial list of seeds I am collecting:

Campis radicans
Claytonia virginica
Coreopsis verticillata
Erigeron annuus
Erigeron philadelphicus
Galium aparine
Galium asprellum
Geum aleppicum
Geum vernum
Geum virginianum
Impatiens Pallida
Jeffersonia diphylla
Myosotis laxa
Osmorhiza longistylis
Oxalis europaea
Oxalis grandis
Oxalis stricta
Packera obovata
Phytolacca americana
Podophyllum peltatum
Polygonatum biflorum
Potentilla canadensis
Potentilla simplex
Ranunculus abortivus
Sisyrinchium atlanticum
Vernonia noveboracensis
Viola papilionacea
Viola striata

To minimize greater divergence of this worldline I am collecting the seeds from areas slated for surface mining or construction where the seeds would have been destroid anyway. I did not know the location of these areas prior to my visit and have had to find the locations that I felt would be suitable for collection.

Rather than speed read my message and add things to it that I did not say, perhaps one should actually read what it says.

Bruce humor me, this is all complete nonsense! All a gravity displacement unit would do is scramble your brain and make you delirious... Now if you said that your traveling transporter device transported "atoms" through something like "particle entanglement", I might think twice... So I'm categorizing your story to be a delusional one of "mind" and of probable outcomes chosen out of many tangible "thought" possibilities... This sounds to me like just another Titor version type story...

To think that you could actually bring back plants with a GMD (Gravity Manipulation Distorter) in a Nissan sentra! I would hate to inform you Bruce, but you would need a HOLODECK... /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif

My sayings of the day are: He who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes... Nothing exists except atoms and empty space; everything else is "opinion"...

Cat, You are of course entitled to your opinion. As far as my brain being scrambled and becoming delirious from the GMD I haven't seen any evidence of that effect on those who have used the units. I do know that some of the earliest versions from 20 years ago had catostrophic effects to the user.

Just the sound of such a device which would transport atoms through a "particle entanglement" seems that it would scramble the users brain.

What is a holodeck? Based on your smile icon I perceve it as something potentially fun.

Divergence is the percentage of difference between my worldine and yours. I do not know how it is calculated. (snip)
Low divergence is considered worldlines which diverge from ours of less than 1%. High amount of divergence is considered worldlines which diverge by more than 25%.
Considering the fundiness of the meter, one could only wish for flapjacks with boysenberry jam on ham. Without knowing how to stipulate your fate, how do you know how low you can go? Surely mankind finds it raucous to define a sharp cheddar measure that means less than leather!

Archetype:
2% milk finds mass of milkfat sundries.
(I am not frantic on milk technology, but I know how to drink)
3.2% beer finds volume of C6H12O6.
(I am not frantic on beer technology, but I often get drunk)
3% interest finds PV of moola.
(I am not frantic on banking, but I turn a buck, chuck!)

Percentage is weakness sans standard. Unknowing is a sure sign of figs in the boat!
RMT

Divergence is the percentage of difference between my worldine and yours. I do not know how it is calculated. My training of the devices used is limited beyond how to operate the unit. Do you know the technical details of all operation of your automobile?

True, but our cars dont take people to different worldlines. We don't often use them to jump out of this universe and into another on 'important' missions. Do you understand how stupid your analogy comes across?

After extensive military testing and missions timetravel was opened up to non-military agencies for non-military missions. Mine is such a mission. There was recent legislation passed by my government permitting limited civilian "pleasure" trips to worldlines with a high amount of divergence such as worldlines where there is no intelligent life

But you are here, which would suggest your 'mission' is of some relevence to your people back 'home'. Yet they could not find some one with the capacity to understand the equipment they are subject to, in order to exit and enter this line. How telling!

OllyB,

I tried to use an analogy that people would understand. If you thought it was stupid that's your problem.

I have basic training on how the equipment works and a basic understanding of the theory. That is sufficient. Do you think those going on "pleasure" trips which has been approved by my government is going to have complex knowledge of the unit? No!

But you are here, which would suggest your 'mission' is of some relevence to your people back 'home'. Yet they could not find some one with the capacity to understand the equipment they are subject to, in order to exit and enter this line. How telling!

You don't send a plumber to work on an electrical system. Thus you don't send a military person to collect plants and seeds or collect genalogical data.

hey bruce2047 guess what you don't have time machine because you don't have a manual or picture of your proof because you just don't have one and that mean you not a time travler but a lie..so show us the proof of your time machine and manual and that we may believe you but you don't have one then you a fake so write back.

Do you think those going on "pleasure" trips which has been approved by my government is going to have complex knowledge of the unit? No!

Maybe, maybe not. Then again 'pleasure' trips to non-populated timelines holds a different risk to those that you are going to?

You don't send a plumber to work on an electrical system. Thus you don't send a military person to collect plants and seeds or collect genalogical data.

True, just like you don't need to send astronauts to the moon to collect rock samples...right?

Your gonna have to do WAY better then this to convince people here. Perhaps you should try anomalies, GLP or the 'conspiracty cafe'. I hear those guys are a little easier to pull the wool over...if you have no evidence to back up your claims!

hey bruce2047 guess what you don't have time machine because you don't have a manual or picture of your proof because you just don't have one and that mean you not a time travler but a lie..so show us the proof of your time machine and manual and that we may believe you but you don't have one then you a fake so write back.

I'm working on finding a site to post my pictures. Give me a little time to scan them and find a site.

Bruce,

Divergence is the percentage of difference between my worldine and yours. I do not know how it is calculated.

To minimize greater divergence of this worldline I am collecting the seeds from areas slated for surface mining or construction where the seeds would have been destroid anyway.

If you don't understand how divergence is calculated how do you intend to "minimize" divergence? How would you even recognize divergence given that you're not comparing one observable to another observable? Your comparing your very limited view of your own world at the time that you were present to this world, an unobservable for you prior to your arrival and only minimally observable now that you are here?

You have no way to even know how to describe your world, metrically speaking, in a 1 mile radius around your own home. Likewise, you don't know how to describe this world, again metrically speaking, in a two block radius around where you are currently residing.

By "metric description" I'm talking about the minutia that is necessary to build a model to place a percentage of divergence. Certainly you didn't go out and log the GPS position of every seed, rock, bush, building, tree, sand pebble, paint scrape, etc. in your world just so that you could compare them to this world. And even if you had done so, it would have nothing to do with this world in 2006.

Seeds, by the way, don't simply fall from a tree, sprout roots and grow up in the umbra of momma tree. Wind, water, birds, other animals, etc. carry them away from where they fell. You have no idea at all whether one particular seed, or in fact every seed, that you collect was not slated to grow up into a tree elsewhere. So, what metric did you apply here to assure yourself that those particular seeds were the "correct" ones? Show us the statistical model, please.

So, explan to us, again, just what this "divergence" is and how do you (personally) plan to recognize and minimize it?

And once again, how is it that people have forgotten their family trees after just a few years? As I said before, its not like your particilar saga is set 100-200 years in the future. Its set in a period of time where many of the "survivors" would be alive today.

Bruse,

One question:

You seem to be posting from Washington but you say that you're staying with your great-uncle in West Virginia. Is this actually Jenny, aka HDRKid?

You would think cloaked IP's would be known to them?

I dont work for them but ghostsurf is cheap /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif