Sup guys, I'm from the future and stuff

hahah sounds cool, could you tell me more about the intersystem ?
Yeah Ok, well it's sort of a highly advanced version of the internet.
It basically has information on literally everything, like the minimum and maximum price you're allowed to sell an apple for to how many people got to work on a certain day. For example when you buy something, when you insert your Intercard into the shop's computer and it subtracts the value from it (we don't use coins where we come from, everything is stored on cards, basically like credit cards) depending on how much you bought, and it also registers what you bought. So in the Intersystem it would say that, on 12th of October 5420 at 15:23 (for example) in a certain shop in London 3 apples were sold to Tonward Rhennly. Similarly, Tonward Rhennly would have to insert his Intercard into his office computer so that the information that he had started work at 11:00 on the 15th of October 5420. You can also pick up news on it (similar to the internet) and use it to collect other transmissions that people may be sending out.

Yeah Ok, well it's sort of a highly advanced version of the internet.It basically has information on literally everything, like the minimum and maximum price you're allowed to sell an apple for to how many people got to work on a certain day. For example when you buy something, when you insert your Intercard into the shop's computer and it subtracts the value from it (we don't use coins where we come from, everything is stored on cards, basically like credit cards) depending on how much you bought, and it also registers what you bought. So in the Intersystem it would say that, on 12th of October 5420 at 15:23 (for example) in a certain shop in London 3 apples were sold to Tonward Rhennly. Similarly, Tonward Rhennly would have to insert his Intercard into his office computer so that the information that he had started work at 11:00 on the 15th of October 5420. You can also pick up news on it (similar to the internet) and use it to collect other transmissions that people may be sending out.
that does sound really advanced, but im wondering, why did u decide to come to
exactly this era ? and do u know a little bit about what the near future holds for

us (this time) ?

that does sound really advanced, but im wondering, why did u decide to come toexactly this era ? and do u know a little bit about what the near future holds forus (this time) ?
I came here because I was running from someone and thumped some random numbers into the time machine, it wasn't exactly planned out well...
And I could try, but you're some odd 3000 years ago so I really don't know that much. I mean, I know the big stuff, like 9/11, but think about it, 3000 years ago from you lot the Egyptians were around, and how much do you know about them?

I came here because I was running from someone and thumped some random numbers into the time machine, it wasn't exactly planned out well...And I could try, but you're some odd 3000 years ago so I really don't know that much. I mean, I know the big stuff, like 9/11, but think about it, 3000 years ago from you lot the Egyptians were around, and how much do you know about them?
ur right about that, i wouldnt even know what happened to people 300 years ago let alone3000 :p . did you make the picture though ?

ur right about that, i wouldnt even know what happened to people 300 years ago let alone3000 :p . did you make the picture though ?
Not yet, I've been talking to you... and sorry to be a killjoy but it's kind of late over here, so I'm going to hit the sack. Tomorrow, I'll see about getting a picture of my time machine up on here.

Not yet, I've been talking to you... and sorry to be a killjoy but it's kind of late over here, so I'm going to hit the sack. Tomorrow, I'll see about getting a picture of my time machine up on here.
alright no problem, talk to u tomorrow Tren, goodnight!

Yes, a time machine picture will go a long way toward credibility. Show us or tell us something we don't know about that has some believability.

What takes the biggest chunk of power from it is the simple fact it has to transmit something for so god damn long so while it and myself is being transmitted
Sorry to burst your bubble but the "biggest chunk of power" involved here is not the transmission. It is the reassembly of a thermodynamic soup that used to be "you". You've traveled to a spacetime where no such technology exists. Transporting the gadget that does the work might sound nice but it's still a beam of subatomic and atomic particles when it arrives. If it could be reassembled here there would be no reason to send it in the first place. We'd skip the middle man and just reassemble you.
Nice holiday.

Fairly obvious, this one. I learnt the language.
Mmm, yes. And I can see that the same sub-par teachers that taught you the language also appeared to teach you your diction and spelling. I assum you are what, 14?
RMT

I guess that's true, will still have cities and cars and all that.
Wait a pip. You have sufficient technology to break yourself down into atoms (which you already are, so we will overlook that technicality) and beam those atoms to wormholes, yet somehow you still have a need for cars? Don't tell me..nostalgia, right? And I bet they still run on fossil fuels too, right?
RMT

Let me update my estimate of your age to 12.
We have noticed a decline in intelligence levels from people claiming to be from the future. And that trend is paralleled in our schools. So that might be a positive indicator that someone could be from the future. LOL...

Wait a pip. You have sufficient technology to break yourself down into atoms (which you already are, so we will overlook that technicality) and beam those atoms to wormholes, yet somehow you still have a need for cars? Don't tell me..nostalgia, right? And I bet they still run on fossil fuels too, right?RMT
Do you understand how expensive it would be if every average Joe had a time machine to zap himself around in?
You should really stop trying to think of your hilariously witty ways to make me look as if I'm lying. There really is nothing wrong with my spelling, either.

I assum you are what, 14?
If you're going to take this 'you can't spell' route, perhaps you should take more care not to drop letters out of words like that.

Sorry to burst your bubble but the "biggest chunk of power" involved here is not the transmission. It is the reassembly of a thermodynamic soup that used to be "you". You've traveled to a spacetime where no such technology exists. Transporting the gadget that does the work might sound nice but it's still a beam of subatomic and atomic particles when it arrives. If it could be reassembled here there would be no reason to send it in the first place. We'd skip the middle man and just reassemble you.Nice holiday.
As I'm said, I'm no engineer. I don't precisely know how the time machine even works, I mean, do you know precisely how a car works, or the internet, for example?
Although if we 'cut out the middle man' there'd be no travelling. How does one travel in time without actually transmitting oneself to a wormhole? If we just broke ourselves down and then fixed ourselves up again we wouldn't have actually gone anywhere.

Do you understand how expensive it would be if every average Joe had a time machine to zap himself around in?
But according to you, it is not the MACHINE that zaps you around in time, it is the wormhole...and those are ridiculously plentiful, again according to you. And I guess it is expensive for every "average Joe" (an interesting colloquialism that I am surprised any English teacher in your time still knows), but because you are obviously a fabulously wealthy (and so non-average) Tren, that makes all the difference, right?

your hilariously witty ways
I am glad you are entertained. I wish I could say the same thing.

to make me look as if I'm lying.
But you are lying. I am not "making" you look anything that you are not doing yourself.

There really is nothing wrong with my spelling, either.
So even though you admit English is not your native language (note the pattern of how I am only using things YOU SAID), you cannot fathom how a person who is using a language that is not their native could make spelling errors they are not even aware of. My, you are quite full of yourself, aren't you? Do you really want me to show you where you spelled English words incorrectly, or will you now say "oh yes, of course since I am using a language that is not my native one, I could misspell something...?"

If you're going to take this 'you can't spell' route, perhaps you should take more care not to drop letters out of words like that.
Did you notice what word I misspelled? You seem to do a lot of it.

As I'm said, I'm no engineer. I don't precisely know how the time machine even works, I mean, do you know precisely how a car works, or the internet, for example?
Yes, actually I do know how both work. But even if I did not, we have this wonderful thing called the internet (seems you know about it) where people who may not know, in detail, how something works can go to get exactly these answers. In fact, according to you, you have an even more fantastic version of the internet in your time, that tracks ALL information. So I find it interesting that your intellect is at such a level that you could not figure out how to use your Intersystem to gather exactly the information on how your machine works, because you would obviously be intelligent enough to know that people in this time would ask, right?
I have an even better proposition: Since, according to you, time travel is no big deal and there are wormholes to take you to any place and time, how about you just pop back into your time, use your Intersystem to find all the precise information on how your machine works, and then just bring it back here to us to post. I mean once again, I am only going off of what you say is possible, right?

Hoisted on his own petard. Yet he will keep playing the game.

RMT

Ok, fine. No bunny. That's good news.

Now, I am not an expert on this but, since you said you weren't either, I guess I'm as qualified as you to comment on it. There are others here who can fix my calculations if they need to be fixed.

So, Humpty Dumpty, here is my concern with your story.

You state that you are broken down to a thin beam of atoms and transmitted through a wormhole and reconstructed at some other place...like here.

Something has to keep a record of your atoms and where they are supposed to be to "put you back together again".

Since an average 150kg person has 7.0e+27 atoms in their body and...

Having a limited knowledge of position calculations I am going to say you need about 7 points to place something at some position ( I got that from the movie Star Gate I could be wrong)...

That equals 4.9e+28 points for all your atoms...

Right now the average computer uses Terabytes to measure memory. 10e+12

Your data storage would need to be at least 10e+16 larger just to remember your atoms.

That's ten thousand billion times larger for a storage of ten thousand quadrillion.

Since there are estimated to be 10e+21 stars in the Universe and since you can apparently know the positions of all you atoms you guys in the future must know the positions of all the stars.

Wow, you guys in the future kick butt.

Petard, Rainman? Hilarious. Back in my wonderful paradise retreat that word is used to refer to a very noisy firecracker. Now about Tren, he has been being inconsistent since the beginning. His story has no sense or reason. I agree with you guys on the level of intelligence of time travelers and their IQ. I wonder if I could still make a claim? And one more thing, Tren already admitted he was a fraud, when asked why he showed up here.

So, Humpty Dumpty, here is my concern with your story.You state that you are broken down to a thin beam of atoms and transmitted through a wormhole and reconstructed at some other place...like here.Something has to keep a record of your atoms and where they are supposed to be to "put you back together again".
Oh my, yes, Gpa. This part of his story is rife with inconsistencies that I have not even begun to probe. But Darby has been hinting around at it, and it seems our time traveler has not even a clue as to what will hit him. Glad you are also asking questions about this, ahem, phenomenon.
I think I will take a crack, just to see if I can point him to the oncoming storm. :)

RMT

The universe is a pretty damn huge place and so there is a wormhole for about every concievable time you could want to travel to. The way my machine works is essentially by transforming me and itself into a thin beam of atoms, transmitting us to the wormhole that corresponds to the date I type in on the machine, sending us through it and then back to the same point on Earth using latitude and longitude but having been through the wormhole, in a different time.You can get other planet - specific models e.g ones for Mars instead of Earth.
OK, now I am going to type this slow, since I know you are not an engineer or anything, and so you might have to read it slow to understand. :)
Question: So if the machine also transforms itself into a thin beam of atoms, how can anything at the other end know how to reconstitute the machine itself, much less you?

What I am pointing out to you is the obvious logical inconsistency of your story where a machine not only has the ability to "decode" itself, but now with itself "decoded" (decomposed) into atoms it somehow maintains the functionality of being able to transmit those atoms of itself! AMAZING technology you lot have in the fyoooochur! But it gets more odd. Ignoring the problem that there is really no machine to do the transmitting anymore (it decomposed itself into a stream of atoms, so clearly it can no longer function), we have the problem of what machine (either at the wormhole or on the other end of the wormhole) is doing the receiving? And then, the problem Gpa has pointed out: What machine has contained the information about how your, and the original machine's, atoms are put together...so it knows HOW to put you back together.

There is a slight hole in your story, Tren. But just a slight one! ;)

RMT

And please never forget that his endeviled contraption does not work on High modulating quantum matrixes, nor alternating temporal rosen bridges, nor nucleonic cascading fields of energy or revolving steampunkish furnaces, but BATTERIES, electrochemichal batteries. Imagine the lot! What miraculous compounds fill up the sagging containers, we might never know because he has a time machine (we dont know where he took it from, but sounds awefully a lot like Marty Mcfly running from the Lybians) and has no clue of time travel. Oh now I know he might be the future version of an Igor, that would explain having the tech and not the know how.

Now this is assuming that he is telling the truth I kinda want to break it down, correct me if i'm wrong, he is a time traveler and is posting it publicly for records to show his exact time and location as of our 'present' time, this would of course not alert the person/s he was/is eluding by traveling randomly 3000 ott years into the past and as to why he was running from someone on holiday is something that has eluded me thus far as well as why he is waiting? I understand he is passing time but until what? Is there an event he is waiting for? Such as a major devastation of mankind or someones rise to power or perhaps for the matter transporting device to detect more "electrochemical cells" however that is only if he is lucky enough to have that option because apparently not all models are equipped with a "self-repair function" and he has not enlightened us as to that information as of yet...and based on his choice of words he has common knowledge with a religious figure, presumably the most commonly known to our time simply called god, as he has made reference to this name in a prior posting. He has also to inform us of his true occupation (we are aware it is not an engineer) or means of funding such a holiday. One last question if no one minds, what sort of holiday? You know where? When? and why were you to go there?

Sorry everyone if I blabbed too much i'm just trying to put it all into retrospect.