Putin things into perspective

I'm never going to pretend any of this is real. My father keeps MSNBC on all day, and when it shows civilians, it never shows hundreds, only a few actors at a time.

Russia is at war with USA trying to save the world from Bio weapons. Everything else is a 100% lie. You may hate me if you wish, but I'm not the enemy. USA is.

Turn off the TV. The real story will then become clear.

I should have posted the proof, but the first article I saw about this had a headline stating that they bombed a Children's hospital. When the article stated it was a maternity ward, I knew it was propaganda. Another lie.

News can make you believe ANYTHING.

George Orwell was spot on.

Propaganda is HIGH and USA is **NOT** innocent.
Yes, perhaps "maternity ward within a children's hospital" would be a better nuance as described in this article.

I should have posted the proof, but the first article I saw about this had a headline stating that they bombed a Children's hospital. When the article stated it was a maternity ward, I knew it was propaganda. Another lie.

News can make you believe ANYTHING.

George Orwell was spot on.

Propaganda is HIGH and USA is **NOT** innocent.
Yes, perhaps "maternity ward within a children's hospital" would be a better nuance as described in this article.

I'm never going to pretend any of this is real. My father keeps MSNBC on all day, and when it shows civilians, it never shows hundreds, only a few actors at a time.

Russia is at war with USA trying to save the world from Bio weapons. Everything else is a 100% lie. You may hate me if you wish, but I'm not the enemy. USA is.

Turn off the TV. The real story will then become clear.
and others I've seen pretty clearly show hundreds fleeing their homes and the country. Have you seen convincing evidence of biological weapons in the Ukraine with US involvement? If so, I'd legitimately be curious to take a look.
I have relatives in Lebanon. I've been told that they buy over 80% of their wheat from the Ukraine which I confirmed in this article which states that 15% comes from Russia as well. They have told us that fights have broken out over flour in grocery stores. It adds to a very dire economic situation of bank failure in the nation that is seen as a symptom of government corruption. All part of an unfortunate rippling effect from this conflict.

I like this theory already. Tell me more.
It just came to mind as a possible contemporary version. Babel seemed to represent an effort by humanity to ascend to a level of perfection that was seen as blasphemy. Hubris was their downfall in the story. The LHC fueled the discovery of the Higgs-Boson ("God particle") and work towards a grand unified field theory of the universe. Hopefully, no microsingularities created will become macrosingularities that would prompt a new, similar story to Babel! I suppose the Manhattan Project or AI could be another modern-day Babel - basically any situation where we are unable to responsibly control the power of the discovery.

I'm going to bow out of this conversation early, because I feel the tension already --- if I don't support the popular view as seen on TV, people will eventually let me have it. You can do your own research. I don't collect what I see. Sorry. Enjoy the topic. I'm out.

I'm going to bow out of this conversation early, because I feel the tension already --- if I don't support the popular view as seen on TV, people will eventually let me have it. You can do your own research. I don't collect what I see. Sorry. Enjoy the topic. I'm out.
I'm so sorry you're leaving this thread! I'm assuming you probably can't take all the frustration involved, but I'm sorry to see you leave! Had you decided to stay, I would have backed you up every step of the way! :(

You don't have to participate in anything you don't want to, but I don't think you've said anything wrong and you're certainly not asked to "listen to the TV" here. I think pretty much everything I've posted has been exactly that line of thinking.

Nothing personal on Paula at all, but I will respond to the evidence presented just as part of this conversation! The unsourced map of "US BIOLABS IN UKRAINE" is anything but convincing to me. The Ted Cruz video is commonplace political posturing. As far as the WHO asking that pathogens be secured, it only makes sense, especially in light of the last two years. Pathogens are common in labs and even the US has had problems securing them at university and medical labs during normal times, much less during a military conflict.

Nothing personal on Paula at all, but I will respond to the evidence presented just as part of this conversation! The unsourced map of "US BIOLABS IN UKRAINE" is anything but convincing to me. The Ted Cruz video is commonplace political posturing. As far as the WHO asking that pathogens be secured, it only makes sense, especially in light of the last two years. Pathogens are common in labs and even the US has had problems securing them at university and medical labs during normal times, much less during a military conflict.
:rolleyes:

That's your call. I'm avoiding arguments and just want to enjoy time travel. You are free to believe what you want.

Found an interesting take and analysis that tries to look at all sides of the cube:

The journalist being interviewed certainly has a lot to say, somewhat like the supposed Ukranian guy in the other video posted prior in the thread who really seems to be reading a script. This kind of rapid-fire salvo of points really reminds me of the lists supporting alternative and sometimes unpopular views that get circulated on image boards. Invariably when I begin to look into them, they quickly unravel, many times revealing bigoted mindsets. It gets tiresome to go through them all. Even so, safe to say that the US military are not seen as freedom-creating heroes in many parts of the globe.

Side note - Two of the anchors were fired for sexual assault charges while the other was sentenced to prison for stealing her Mom's social security payments. Yikes, is Real America's Voice the network of last resort for newspeople? It doesn't mean that they can't release relevant content, of course. Just seems a bit shady lol.

This guy does seem to have unearthed a more well-rounded view. My main takeaway was that, yeah it's not going as well for Russia as they planned, but Ukrainian defeat is inevitable without NATO intervention. That's a very frightening reality to me. The tractors hauling tanks away was a hilarious reality. Tractors have much more power than I realized, and I grew up around plenty of them!
Yes! The Russian perspective is what I was after... And pretty much everything he found is stuff I had sort of patchworked together in my brain from looking at my own weird Telegram channels and lurking in gross places. Having someone who can actually articulate it well and has a background in what he's talking about helps a lot more though, LOL.

1647537302044.webp

This thread has become a research thread I guess, just posting interesting things as they crop up. There's a video for this too but it's in Russian... Did he actually say this?

WTF? And then they all wonder why people need to go crawling through shitholes to find objective information:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/us-russian-misinformation-ukraine-psyops-experts

Psychological operations, or "psyops," broadly refer to tactics geared toward shaping how people perceive events and information. The U.S. perfected the craft against the Soviet Union during the Cold War but has lagged behind in recent decades, preferring instead to concentrate on hard power.