Waiting for something feeling

PaulaJedi

Timekeeper
My entire life, I felt like I've been waiting for something, but I don't know what it is. It used to be "I can't wait to get out of school" and then "I want to get married", etc. But now that I have everything, the feeling is still there. It's not the absence of God. I found him already. It's a general longing for something that I am clueless about. Is there something psychological about this? Time keeps ticking on and on. I'm now middle aged, yet I still have the feeling. Are humans waiting for death? I don't believe that's it, but, it is inevitable regardless.

Has anyone else experienced this feeling?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes! But I choose goals. Or look for opportunities. I would describe the feeling as anxiousness. But I am always anticipating a positive outcome. I was surprised to learn that the state of being anxious is called anxiety. Anxiety is commonly associated with negative thoughts. Yet I seem to experience only positive thoughts instead. It is the same feeling I have commonly experienced on Christmas morning. The gleeful anticipation or anxiousness of what is about to unfold.

My entire life, I felt like I've been waiting for something, but I don't know what it is. It used to be "I can't wait to get out of school" and then "I want to get married", etc. But now that I have everything, the feeling is still there. It's not the absence of God. I found him already. It's a general longing for something that I am clueless about. Is there something psychological about this? Time keeps ticking on and on. I'm now middle aged, yet I still have the feeling. Are humans waiting for death? I don't believe that's it, but, it is inevitable regardless.

Has anyone else experienced this feeling?
when you say "now that I have everything" implies you were under the impression that successful achievement was equivalent to fulfilling ones purpose.

Perhaps the later got lost along the way. (not saying i've found mine either)

Want to help me find an old photo?

Yes! But I choose goals. Or look for opportunities. I would describe the feeling as anxiousness. But I am always anticipating a positive outcome. I was surprised to learn that the state of being anxious is called anxiety. Anxiety is commonly associated with negative thoughts. Yet I seem to experience only positive thoughts instead. It is the same feeling I have commonly experienced on Christmas morning. The gleeful anticipation or anxiousness of what is about to unfold.
Ok, but being anxious about.... nothing? Not knowing what I am being anxious about? I am experiencing more of a feeling that "something is coming" and it apparently isn't bad. That something never seems to happen.

when you say "now that I have everything" implies you were under the impression that successful achievement was equivalent to fulfilling ones purpose.

Perhaps the later got lost along the way. (not saying i've found mine either)

Want to help me find an old photo?
What old photo do you want to find?

I have not achieved everything, but I realized my limitations and am not unhappy. I just still haven't found what I'm looking for. haha.

Couldn't resist.

I think my purpose is to raise 2 beautiful kids. After that, I'll probably have empty nest syndrome. lol

still haven't found what I'm looking for
yep - well played.

On the photo - is there a way to share those details privately? I would rather prefer that (and nothing to be concerned with) but it aligns with your recent posts about the way back machine.

As it pertains to your dilemna - I have beautiful kids - they will add countless dimensions to your life - but I would suggest that becoming satiated with your own being will somehow take precedence.

I find there are things I need to change about my circumstances - but that will come at a cost i m not prepared to pay - or will unfairly burden others with.

?

yep - well played.

On the photo - is there a way to share those details privately? I would rather prefer that (and nothing to be concerned with) but it aligns with your recent posts about the way back machine.

As it pertains to your dilemna - I have beautiful kids - they will add countless dimensions to your life - but I would suggest that becoming satiated with your own being will somehow take precedence.

I find there are things I need to change about my circumstances - but that will come at a cost i m not prepared to pay - or will unfairly burden others with.

?
You can private message me here. There is a mail icon on the upper right hand corner.

I think we wait for "something" to be fulfilled, before our actions are needed.  To me, it feels like I have my hand up and am waiting to be called on.

I want to add that its ok to feel anxious.  I have found that there is more anxiety in fighting anxiety, than to just say, "Yes, I have anxiety, and its ok."

Amazing things are out there, and maybe one day I can be a part of them.

Two years later and the "waiting" feeling remains. I don't pretend to know what any of it means, but it's something I think plenty are experiencing.

Two years later and the "waiting" feeling remains. I don't pretend to know what any of it means, but it's something I think plenty are experiencing.
I can identify. Perhaps part of it is a general desire for deeper meaning and knowledge, inherent in the human mind and spirit. Many times it manifests itself in the creative process for me.