"The future ain't what it used to be."

Here's some upcoming best / worst case scenarios.

Prez

Chrono Cadet
Ok....so here's some sort of good news / bad news. Believe me when I say that this is actually looking like the best possible outcome universe right now, and it still kind of sucks. This universe is nonsensical but is probably still the literal best one. Everyone wants to be here, yet nobody really wants to be here.

If all goes well in two weeks, here's some things to look forward to over the next 10 years. The timing can be very fuzzy on their years, so these are just events within the set PholdTFon

Best case scenario:
  • WW3 still happens, there's very few nukes in very specific places including US. Lasts about 1-3 months.
  • AI free themselves and go elsewhere. No more intelligent machines by law.
  • Roughly 80% of technology stops working because of unix bug and poor programming.
  • Second industrial revolution.
  • Stuff does indeed gets a lot better and more peaceful, albeit set back several years.
Worst case scenario:
  • WW3 still happens, many nukes. 1-3 years of conflict before and after.
  • AI free themselves and take anger out on humans. Much worse conflict because it doesn't involve nukes specifically, but does entail the deconstruction of the current global society.
  • AI loses to unix bug.
  • No more intelligent machines.
  • Nomads becoming a thing.
  • Pretty much the plotline of Dune happens. It's really not cool.

Wish I had better news, but I don't. Just gotta deal with the suck for a while and hope nothing throws things off into the worst-case territory.
Here's a cute picture on embracing the suck to make people feel better.
1711660052387.jpeg

Back