John Titor and the IBM 5100

I have used another IP address, user name and background computer infos that isnt real in some sense. Dont even try to find me because you will not be able to find me. I am smarter than you think I am.

Considering that

<ul type="square"> [*]You seem to have been fired [*]You posted the information about the project here [*]Your company, according to your story, is now involved with DoD contracts [*]The DoD would obviously know what those contracts are [*]The disgruntled ex-employee is always the suspect [/list]

The "lurkers" don't need to track you down. A phone call to your former employer is all it would take. Or a phone call from your former employer to a corporate security company. It wouldn't take very long for them to be knocking on your door.

BTW: Better re-read your company non-disclosure agreement (assuming that what you said was true...
). Non-disclosure agreements remain in effect for up to several years after one leaves the company. Otherwise they're nonsense. All one needs to do is get a job, learn about the company's trade secrets, quit (or get fired) and sell the information.

Military-government non-disclosures usually continue for at least 10 years after seperation from service or retirement, depending on the level of classification of the information.

One last note about military contracting. If you were involved with classified projects then you had to receive a clearance that specified what level of information you could have access to. That required an SBI - Special Background Investigation. A DoD investigator would have given you a ~40 page background investigation form that you had to fill out. It required information about your entire life - residences (no gaps), education from day one (no gaps), employment (no gaps), financial, friends, relatives. And it would have involved a tertiary order of verification. That means, for instance, you gave a friend's name as a reference. That friend gave both another name of a friend (one that you didn't give) as a further reference and gave personal references for him/herself. This went three levels deep (a friend of a friend of a friend so to speak).

The investigator then verified all of that information. In other words, the investigator might actually know more about you, your friends and their friends than you know.

You might run, but its pretty hard to hide.

I'm pretty sure that Rainman is familiar with SBI's, mil contracts and non-disclosure agreements.

yup.

That is the main reason for refusing to sign anything relating to DOD, hence my termination. That is why I mentioned that they are forcing the issue on employees of the company. If they do not follow procedures, they are to be immediately terminated.

According to my previous confidentiality nondisclosure agreement with the company, then, it does indicate that it expires immediately if another entity besides the NSF and other orgs decides to have the company switch to federal funding. The project was not classified until it was made classified recently.

Hard to hide? nahhh not really. There are ways to start a new life.

Raintime,

The source of the ibm5100 is not biendian. It is the source that is within itself. Shake your head all you want lol. (yea i know its hard to believe)

/ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif

That is why I mentioned that they are forcing the issue on employees of the company. If they do not follow procedures, they are to be immediately terminated

As they should be.

Hard to hide? nahhh not really. There are ways to start a new life.

So I guess going back onto SSI is out of the question.

It's probably out of the question in any case. You have recently demonstrated that you have the ability to "engage in substantial gainful activity" without expecting such activity to "result in death".

lol

I read the other forum. Yep its what I expected. "pure bs through and through". People think they know better than the other.(in which ways I dont really blame them, from everything they have been conditioned through school.)

Just guessing we all have to wait. Besides, the current coding in the computer systems world wide is already beginning to collaspe.

Well I tried...

I just wish someone who has a 5100 machine, take a serious look at it and ponder why I would say these "pure bs through and through" statements.

oh well.

See ya around sometimes. /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif

wow you're absolutely nuts pro7 but you're right.

people have to learn how to do away everything except the hardware itself.

after reading this fascincating forum abt the 5100, friends and I thoroughly examined the 5100 model. You are correct. im frankly surprised and overwhelmed.

thank you.

mechnor!!!

whoa ok..

To make this more interesting you can take the "3rd board" out and look on the under side of the board. Remove the thin yellow dielectric material carefully and on the top right corner of the board you will see a inscription printed on it. (make sure you put that material back so it wont make contact with the frame and other boards) Research the inscription on google and you will find out more interesting stuff especially where that piece came from.

Ill be moving out of state sometimes today and I will not have internet access for a while since it also getting disconnected anytime today. I noticed from your IP address that you are from austria. If you are not further interested in keeping that 5100 I can offer you a sum at your price for it. Ill be sending you email through this forum.. please keep in contact!

Pro,

The source of the ibm5100 is not biendian.

Then I would kindly ask you to do a bit better job at explaining exactly what you mean (technically) when you talk about it in the following way:

I call it "RBP" as in Reversable Binary Programming because it has the capability to reverse binary input.

There are scant few ways to interpret reversed binary input. Endianness is pretty much the only one I know of. If you can explain another way (the method you are talking about) perhaps I could be shown to be wrong.

It is the source that is within itself.

Ahhh, yes. A favorite tactic of TT hoaxers around here: When you are trapped, and can say nothing that will clear up confusion about what you said, say something that means nothing, or invoke circular rhetoric. Care to try and explain precisely what you mean by this?

RMT

I'm pretty sure that Rainman is familiar with SBI's, mil contracts and non-disclosure agreements.

You bet, Darby. And I should point out that if one ever gets cleared to a program that requires access to Secret information, the agreement you sign covers YOUR ENTIRE LIFE.

From the response Pro gave you on this post of yours, I would have to say that the lawyers for his former company are pretty poor at their jobs, given that the confidential/proprietary agreements for company information only covered to the day an employee separated from the company. The company certainly did not get their $ worth.

RMT

Hey Bogz, What province are you in that a computer resale shop is open before 8 am in the morning?
How long did it take you to find it? Did you have to call around or was this computer recycle the first on your list? How much did it cost? How are you positive it is a IBM 5100? Can you tell if it has ever been opened before?

Just a few questions for a guy that buys an antiquated computer at seven something in the morning just to look for something typed about by a guy you think is a phoney JUST so you can prove the point.

All the specs match up, and I'm pretty sure it has been opened before, to upgrade to floppy. The only thing you can add or remove from this machine is memory.

So if it has been opened then it is possible whatever Pro7 was talking about could of long ago been removed.

It was ambiguous and I apologize for that. It was last week when I picked it up. The machine is still sitting outside in my shed.

Ok so you finnaly found this thing last week. Aside from the obvious "Why bother looking for it when you think Titor is a hoax?" question, when you say it is still sitting in your shed that kinda sounds to like you you haven't touched it yet let alone bothered opening it up to look for said part.

I don't know what sharepoint is but I do know that Microsoft and IBM are two differnt companies.

Since you like to assume what points people are trying to make, what point do you think Pro7 is trying to make with his BS postings? For that matter, what point was the author of the JT hoax trying to make when he posted?

Well for starters I do not think Pro7s postings were BS. Pro7 doesn't even strike me as a Titor believer. He strikes me as some who has read the story and taken more of and an interest in the computer rather than the story. I saw a bunch of people riddicule him but who among you asked if he believed or dis-believed the story?

And as for JTs point? You have already reached your conclusions. I don't believe you are genuinly interested my opinion.

To make this more interesting you can take the "3rd board" out and look on the under side of the board. Remove the thin yellow dielectric material carefully and on the top right corner of the board you will see a inscription printed on it.

ibm5100-open.jpg