Sending Messages Through Time

sonipa

Temporal Novice
As most of you know, it is quite possible that very soon a machine will exist which will be able to send a message back to the moment it was turned on.

I've been thinking about this a lot lately and I created a story, partly inspired by some of the discussions here.

http://www.moon2012.com

There are no google ads or anything like that - this isn't spam - I just thought you may be interested and I would like to hear your thoughts regarding this

Very good! It would make a better movie than Frequency IMO.

One thing though, the screen said 172 messages received and decoded...

Then you say later "the room finally begins to cool as the messages from the future are decoded".

Sonipa,

As most of you know, it is quite possible that very soon a machine will exist which will be able to send a message back to the moment it was turned on.

It's true that that's a theory of CTL's (closed timelike loops aka CTC's - closed timelike curves). The problem is that our current theories of CTL's assume that the area surrounding the CTL is a vacuum. This means that there is nothing persent other than the black hole object. When the "real" world is included in the theories the CTL's fail to appear for a host of reasons.

I'm not arguing against the theoretical possibility of CTL's. I am suggesting that we are a long way off from creating the proper circumstances for one to form such that it fulfills the Kerr-Newman Black Hole solutions that allow for traversible black holes. We have a lot of work to do and we are decades, if not centuries, away from having sufficient energy at our command to create such a situation.

maybe helium 3 will provide that energy? Do you think I should place the story much further in the future? There is a lot of research I need to do.

You probably have lots of stuff published already but just in case you are starting out, some countries will give you some grant money to help publish your art work.

As a for instance, the movie industry in Canada gives a lot of money to independent film-makers to get from script to screen. As long as the script has "sufficient canadian content" they qualify for support. Usually this means you see Canadian license plates, the characters mention a Canadian city or they use Canadian money.... Little things like that.

We have similar programs for printed works too. I'm not sure where you live but if might be worth checking to see if you government can help get your artwork distributed.

thank you.. My brother lives in Canada - I live in the US - I've only seen a few shows on Mallett - they make it seem like it is possible - what do you think? Should I use a different method of sending messages?

Wow I had never heard of Mallett before...

http://www.physorg.com/news63371210.html

“To physicists, time is what’s measured by clocks. Using this definition, we can manipulate time by changing the rate of clocks, which changes the rate at which events occur. Einstein showed that time is affected by motion, and his theories have been demonstrated experimentally by comparing time on an atomic clock that has traveled around the earth on a jet. It’s slower than a clock on earth.”

Although the jet-flying clock regained its normal pace when it landed, it never caught up with earth clocks – which means that we have a time traveler from the past among us already, even though it thinks it’s in the future.

Cool /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I liked the way the messages were sent. I dont want to talk about details or I'll give away cool parts of the story, but I enjoyed it. At first I was like " You can't do that!" and the way you explained it I was like "Oh man, I can't wait till they do that!!"

Haha! Thanks bogz - I'm writing with the thought that all of this is possible. The helium 3 and the moon are also based on facts. I would like input from Mallett and John Cramer (the two physicists who are the most public about this topic) - Any other real experiments capable of creating an actual paradox without entering into the realm of complete fiction and imagination?

After reading your thought i noticed this at the bottom.

©2007, Publishing Division / All Rights Reserved

No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, without the permission from the publisher.

This is a paradox.

Ha! Once Sonipa exists it will publish the story... Just kidding, Sonipa exists. It just may not rule the world any time soon...

On another note, I was thinking of creating a dynamic timeline in flash which would everyone a chance to add an event to it building a huge comlete story through time.

I've done this type of thing before (davidworks.com) so if there is interest I'll get started on it.

That'd be fun to watch the story evolve /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif I remember doing that on paper, passing it around when I was younger but never seen it on the WWW yet. The portfolio you have up there is amazing. Next time I'm near high speed I'll try to remember to look at the videos. Have you seen Silverlight/Moonlight yet? The MS version of Flash? I heard it was released today.

I really am interested in Silverlight - I don't like Flash anymore. Each new version of the Flash plugin makes life difficult for us -

I'll start working on a dynamic story framework - If a script is already made I'll find it (or make a new one) - Thanks for checking out all my stuff!

Post here if anyone has any ideas or sees any problems with the story at www.moon2012.com

Very nice story, thanks!

I think there is an error at the beginning of the second chapter, the year is 1995 but it should be 1955.

Here it sounds as a verb is missing: "It is now possible digital messages through time."

Thanks!