Project animal speak:

creedo299

Epochal Historian
For the past year or so, I have been conversing to animals, in full English paragraphs, in proper form.

It seems that for some reason now, that animals are learning English.

So I have improved my English sentences, from come here and no, to You know, it looks like a nice day?

They seem to take the language into themselves and it is factoring.

A horse that I wanted to work at a neighbors, somehow knew that the horse-fly hit the neighbors herd and refused to go through the entry gate, to use the round tainting pen.

The horse bolted and ran back home.I was mad, however the next day, I had told the horse, that it had been right, all along.

How to you hear the animals conversing with you?, is it via psychic connection?.

I'm a firm believer that animal communication is possible and I've been trying for years to formulate a way to converse with my cats.

I think it would be wonderful to see the world from an animals point of view /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Project animal speak, is going quite well.

I use fully structured sentances and paragrphs spoken to the animals and it seesm to be makeing them understand.

This era, is supposed to be one of evolution, so it stands that the understanding of the animals would be increasing, as well.

I think that after a time a relatively capable pet can understand human language just cant repeat it... I swear on the bible that my golden retriever would talk to me if he had the right "equipment"

I think that after a time a relatively capable pet can understand human language just cant repeat it... I swear on the bible that my golden retriever would talk to me if he had the right "equipment"
I'd have to agree, Deadman. And I have a golden retriever who is every bit as smart as you describe. You really cannot argue that dogs can certainly come to recognize key words. "Walk", "ride", "treat", "eat", "swim", "ball", and "who's there?" are all words that my dog can demonstrably show an understanding of. He knows exactly what it means each time I use any of these words. It is why we often have to "spell" words out in front of our dogs when explaining this to our friends! /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif

On the flipside, there are "reactions" in my dog's face and demeanor whenever he is trying to tell me something. So much so that I fully agree with you that if our dogs were given the "tool" of being able to speak in our language, they would have a lot to say!

Thanks for the post,
RMT

my dog told me that he hated me for cuttin his knackers off, and he was going to do the same to me in my sleep.
need 2 stop the drugs

The one cat we have, actually mimics the way humans sit.
Right back on his rear reclined...it's very amusing, he's a very large cat (8 toe'd)
He'll cock his head watching you like he's analyzing every movement...
Then if you say something, he'll "meow" in different tones like he's conversating lol.
(He's still trying to figure out the door knob thing, he'll stare at it for awhile and jump up
...uses the paws alot...almost seems like he's learning...animals learn? you don't say...
)

You'll forget he's there...mutter something to yourself, then you hear him sitting back staring over..."meow"?
lol.

The other one was a wild cat...lady tried to poison them (barn fed) in the milk.
He's very cautious...I just call him old man. lol.

Curious creatures for sure.

Why only English? If they can learn the language of another entire species (us), why would they only be able to speak one human language? I am as much a believer in animal communication as all of you, but I think it's a bit much to think that they are aware that "English is the 'universal' language".

To the dog people (and I'm sure all you cat people will confirm), the spelling thing may work on dogs, but it only works on cats for so long. They figure out what you're spelling eventually!

Really, it's us who need to learn their language. I believe they understand everything we say,except the parts they're completely uninterested in (which I'm sure is a lot of it, lol), we just don't always understand them.

I have one cat who "dumbs it down" for the humans though. He makes sure I know that he knows what I said, by physical signs. I say to him: "oh, you're sooo smart!" when really I know he's probably thinking: "No, you humans are just THAT dumb that I have to spell it all out for you!" :)

They can learn to mimic human sounds as well. I currently have and have had other cats who meow sounds similar to our words and they say them at appropriate times, so it's obvious that's what they are really trying to say. One of my current ones, who adores music, has even learned to mimic sounds of instruments in certain songs.

I don't know if dogs ever do that or not. I just know that mine never have.

I have a parrot friend who most definitely always knows exactly what he's saying and is not just repeating what he hears. And a horse I was friends with who belonged to some people I was trying to avoid, made it quite clear to me that he was NOT happy that I wasn't paying any attention to him either.

And don't let anyone tell you that animals don't express jealousy, spite, etc. either. I have experienced it firsthand and so have others I have spoken to. I'm sure so have many of you.

And then there are people like Warrior who think..they understand us...but don't have minds...? Lol..ok?

I guess that makes sense because I'm pretty sure I have a mind....yet I don't understand you. -.-

And Creedo, I'm just wondering, what is the actual "experiment" here?