Musk bought Twitter

Musk is a mixed bag in my mind... He's always just been the SpaceX guy who eats government funding for breakfast.. I'm interested to see what he does with this. Weird world, this happened fast.

At least one person is unhappy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXnBuQgJQGY:44

Could also just be practicing his metal.

200.gif

Musk has said things about verifying real humans and getting rid of bots... Some of the most disgusting comments on there are made from the comfort of anonymity. To keep their accounts, people will have to verify they are a person... And signing their real name to every awful thing they've ever broadcast.

You can't delete it, either. It lives in the Wayback Machine if not many other places.

I think a LOT of people are going to delete their account if this is what's up. And Twitter will be better for it. There is no such thing as anonymous free speech, and people behaving that way are why the internet has become the abyss that it has.

I've honestly never really paid attention to people who exist like Elon Musk. He seems ok:

Am I missing something? Seems like a dramatic pendulum swing. Something in the wind and this time it's not the Taco Bell.

I don't use Twitter so I have no idea why some people are so angry when Elon Musk bought it.

I think a LOT of people are going to delete their account if this is what's up. And Twitter will be better for it. There is no such thing as anonymous free speech, and people behaving that way are why the internet has become the abyss that it has.
Agree, let it be a thing in some places like 4chan, not on a widely used site like Twitter.

I don't understand either.

Twitter is a good platform on paper, but it's now full of bots and sponsored shit. A good clean up and more transparency couldn't harm, honestly.

Those who are worried, IMO, probably have good reasons to be, because they're part of the problem.

The big question is, will Donald Trump be allowed back on.
Trump said he wouldn't be back. I don't think he COULD go back without harming his Truth Social. I got in once they switched to Rumble Cloud a couple weeks ago.

So now this is happening:

1652796057408.webp

This is in reference to the current Twitter CEO going on a thirteen post thread of song-and-dance bullshit:

My thoughts exactly ?

Twitter is now in a hard spot. Either they admit their bot users comprise more than 5% (I think it's much higher) and get sued into oblivion by advertisers, or they let the deal fall apart because they can't take the sunlight and they get sued into oblivion by shareholders. Or something like that. It's fun to watch.

200.gif

I don't use Twitter much, but man, there's so much crap on there, it's unbelievable. Promoted content is everywhere in your face. It's really a beast of its own that probably doesn't even need people to function properly. It's almost scary.

Think of the damage a machine like this can do to society. Suspend disbelief and pretend it hasn't already happened - 5% of a 330 million active daily users is about 16 million accounts. Even if it's 10% (I could see it being much higher), 33 million-ish... What could you do with that many "AI" accounts pushing whatever pet agenda you had at the time.

Makes me wonder where the "NPC" meme came from. Normal people were talking to AI chatbots who hadn't received the new update.

And then you see things like this:

Boggles the mind how anyone could think sites of that size are NOT being used to lie to and mislead you.