"The future ain't what it used to be."

Leon Eisenberg ADHD Deathbed Confession - ADHD Does Not Exist?!

I’m not sure why you posted this, gamerz. I will say that the headline and quote bubble are complete fabrications.

Before I go on I’ll add that my BS degree is in Experimental Psychology (UC Santa Barbara). I know a bit about Dr. Eisenberg and we did study, from the experimentalist POV, ADD/ADHD.

So, what is the fabrication in the item you posted? All of it, except for his name. First there was no “confession”. It was a recorded interview that included the topic of ADHD. Second, the interview was made about 8 months before Dr. Eisenberg died, not on his deathbed. Third, he didn’t say ADHD does not exist or ADHD is bullshit. It was, in part, his work that identified the disorder. I don’t know if you watched the video. If you did you know that the click-bait title was humor. The video debunks that click-bait title.

Well then, you ask, what did he say? (As indicated in the video) He said, with good reason, that ADHD is real but it is also one of the most misdiagnosed disorders in the world of psychiatry. Because of the misdiagnosis children are being medicated (with Ritalin and Adderal for example) when they don’t require any medication or, with the correct diagnosis, should be treated with the proper medications.

My Opinion: The real culprit is the public schools. They want nice, well behaved little kids who do not go through early childhood development and don’t have early childhood behavior issues in school. Thus the school admins prefer disorderly kids to be tranqed 'til they twitch. The Thorazine Shuffle will suffice. Therefore, a favorable, even if improper, diagnosis of ADHD results in “tag 'em and tranq 'em”. (Yes, that is an example of a hyperbolic expansion of the truth - but it does make a valid point…in this cowboy’s opinion. 🤠 )

Indeed. And they label someone like that, even when the kid is often like “child prodigy” material, but they start fearing them and put labels on them because they believe they know too much or disrupt too much therefore they are stuffed in “special schools” full of retards and destroying their life altogether and being subject to abuse. And then even taking part of early Melatonin experiments and such. I’ve…heard personally of such things.

Back