I've never been a UFO guy, but...

Dizzie

Temporal Navigator
As level headed as the peer-reviewed, journal published, accredited university associate who is spotlighted in the attached article happens to be...I'd be prone to look further into his studies, data, analyses, and findings. It's a compelling story spanning a lifetime of UFO interest with a moderate, rational, and well-balanced approach - worth a read!

I'm intentionally not posting the magazine name and article title so as not to draw outside attention. It may just be behind a paywall if you attempt to find a web-based version ? I have no qualms adding it as a site resource, though.

YouEffOhh.pdf

Attachments

Ah yes, Dr. Jacques Vallée. Whilst the topic is not 'entirely' in my field I have come across a few of Dr. Vallée's 'hypothesises'. From what I do know, his academic accomplice, Dr. J. Allen Hynek (USAF Project Sign/Grudge/Bluebook) was by far the more reasonable and practical of the two. Some of Vallée's earlier works can only be described as borderline metaphysics*, unlike Hynek's empirical approach to the phenomena - that I find more plausible. This is only my personal opinion. Unfortunately, I have found Dr. Vallée's opinions a "bit of a stretch" with very little convincing substance. I could very well be wrong, but somehow I think a serious study of the subject probably should not involve 'Astral Traveling' as a research tool. Again, that's just my opinion. In the world of aviation and aerospace there is without doubt something very curious happening that's not explained by any known systems malfunctions (in either machine or man).

* - I refer to his book "Passport to Magonia" and his input in book "The Edge of Reality" (coauthored with Hynek)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah yes, Dr. Jacques Vallée. Whilst the topic is not 'entirely' in my field I have come across a few of Dr. Vallée's 'hypothesises'. From what I do know, his academic accomplice, Dr. J. Allen Hynek (USAF Project Sign/Grudge/Bluebook) was by far the more reasonable and practical of the two. Some of Vallée's earlier works can only be described as borderline metaphysics*, unlike Hynek's empirical approach to the phenomena - that I find more plausible. This is only my personal opinion. Unfortunately, I have found Dr. Vallée's opinions a "bit of a stretch" with very little convincing substance. I could very well be wrong, but somehow I think a serious study of the subject probably should not involve 'Astral Traveling' as a research tool. Again, that's just my opinion. In the world of aviation and aerospace there is without doubt something very curious happening that's not explained by any known systems malfunctions (in either machine or man).

* - I refer to his book "Passport to Magonia" and his input in book "The Edge of Reality" (coauthored with Hynek)

Sounds like the magazine article author might have been brushing a few things under the rug and/ or trying to build extra credibility. Thanks for the perspective - neat that you're familiar!

I'd encourage you to make a brief response like the one you wrote above and send it to the mag so that they could print it as a counterpoint. They always have some reader responses to the prior issue in the first few pages.

Thanks for your feedback Dizzie. Much appreciated. As an ex airforce tech and a later commercial airline employee, I actually saw some weird things that I can not easily dismiss, reasonably explain away nor can I speculate.

Thanks for your feedback Dizzie. Much appreciated. As an ex airforce tech and a later commercial airline employee, I actually saw some weird things that I can not easily dismiss, reasonably explain away nor can I speculate.

I believe it!