"The future ain't what it used to be."

A World Full of Lies

PaulaJedi

Timekeeper
It is disheartening that almost everything we see and hear on TV is a lie. Nobody is telling the truth. Nothing is as it seems. It is more disheartening to see the victims of these lies, people who believe the TV and government and use compliance as a security blanket. No government loves its people. None have our best interest at heart. Once you realize this, you won't believe the news anymore.

It is disheartening that almost everything we see and hear on TV is a lie. Nobody is telling the truth. Nothing is as it seems. It is more disheartening to see the victims of these lies, people who believe the TV and government and use compliance as a security blanket. No government loves its people. None have our best interest at heart. Once you realize this, you won't believe the news anymore.
Unfortunately very true.

That kind of realization is hard to take. It'll black-pill even the most naturally optimistic person, turning a good heart into a misanthropic PTSD-riddled husk. I've been there, and I'll get there again. That's what the news does, and that's probably the point. The sites I visit as alternatives aren't any better. Different opinions, sure, but mostly astroturfed honeypots full of their own propaganda; hyper-realism and extreme rhetoric.

What lifts my chin is knowing people like you and I exist. Maybe I'm on some end of some spectrum, butI look at the nonsense this Clown World puts out and I no longer see the majority being content with those facts. People who remember what things were like before everything was digitally connected and folded in on itself are asking questions and researching for themselves. The internet in general is part of the problem too... Too much information too quickly without any accountability. Nobody out there is teaching you how to take this kind of radioactive toxicity and process enough of it to get a neutral UNDERSTANDING instead of a flavored BELIEF.

Look at how far the Overton Window has shifted since 2016. The things they casually mention on the news now would have been unthinkable even just a year ago, let alone during an Obama or Bush presidency. It's insane. Look at how fast the news cycle has to churn just to keep ANY kind of narrative afloat, let alone one that seems cohesive.

I think they're losing. None of this is going the way they wanted (however you define your "they"). Losing to whom is a question of its own, but I can feel the timeline shifting and I'm no longer as cynical.

I had a list of the things that are in shambles for "the bad guys", stuff most people haven't thought about. I will see if i can find it again and put it up here.

Unfortunately very true.

That kind of realization is hard to take. It'll black-pill even the most naturally optimistic person, turning a good heart into a misanthropic PTSD-riddled husk. I've been there, and I'll get there again. That's what the news does, and that's probably the point. The sites I visit as alternatives aren't any better. Different opinions, sure, but mostly astroturfed honeypots full of their own propaganda; hyper-realism and extreme rhetoric.

What lifts my chin is knowing people like you and I exist. Maybe I'm on some end of some spectrum, butI look at the nonsense this Clown World puts out and I no longer see the majority being content with those facts. People who remember what things were like before everything was digitally connected and folded in on itself are asking questions and researching for themselves. The internet in general is part of the problem too... Too much information too quickly without any accountability. Nobody out there is teaching you how to take this kind of radioactive toxicity and process enough of it to get a neutral UNDERSTANDING instead of a flavored BELIEF.

Look at how far the Overton Window has shifted since 2016. The things they casually mention on the news now would have been unthinkable even just a year ago, let alone during an Obama or Bush presidency. It's insane. Look at how fast the news cycle has to churn just to keep ANY kind of narrative afloat, let alone one that seems cohesive.

I think they're losing. None of this is going the way they wanted (however you define your "they"). Losing to whom is a question of its own, but I can feel the timeline shifting and I'm no longer as cynical.

I had a list of the things that are in shambles for "the bad guys", stuff most people haven't thought about. I will see if i can find it again and put it up here.
It's why I just skim the headlines and see what discussions are going on, and then go take a walk in the woods and contemplate.

We don't know what's REALLY going on. Only a select few do. We never will.

Yes, I agree -- too much information. But censoring and filtering that info isn't the answer because they will only allow us to see what "they" want us to see. If we have all this information available, we can sift through it ourselves and make decisions. That's what freedom is about.

I don't know what's really going on. I can name all the evil people, but do we TRULY know the story?

Back