The Rendlesham Forest Incident

Cosmo

Owner
Staff member
Timekeeper
Hey everyone! I wanted to start a discussion about the Rendlesham Forest incident, which is a mysterious and controversial event that took place in 1980 in Suffolk, England.

For those who may not be familiar with the incident, it involves a series of strange occurrences that were reported by military personnel at a nearby air force base. The witnesses said they saw lights and objects in the sky, and some said they were close to craft that they couldn’t identify.

The incident has been the subject of much speculation and debate over the years, with some people believing that it was a UFO encounter, and others suggesting more mundane explanations such as misidentified natural phenomena or military experiments.

So what do you all think of the Rendlesham Forest incident? Do you believe that it was an encounter with extraterrestrial beings, or do you think there is a more mundane explanation? Do you think the incident has been adequately investigated and explained, or do you believe there are still mysteries surrounding it?

I’d love to hear your thoughts and opinions on the topic.

I’m a bit familiar with this. I saw it on Ancient Aliens, which I think is a great show. I also believe the incident was a genuine ET/UFO encounter, though the accuracy of the message that was sent to those guys has yet to be determined.

Ancient Aliens is lots of fun. I think they jump the shark sometimes with some of the off-the-wall topics they focus on, but you have to get creative in order to make an interesting show.

I think most people watch stuff like that to consider the possibility and hear about legends they didn’t know about, not necessarily to take everything Giorgio A. Tsoukalos says as gospel. There’s probably people that do, though…

1693769252114.webp

The notebook with the binary code is up for debate… There’s plenty of sources out there that debunk that portion as a fabrication, like this one:

I don’t think that discounts the whole event though, to me it paints Penniston as an opportunist who tried to run with the story (or maybe to discredit it).