Sneak Preview of Classicalfan's Changed History: Classic Video Game Consoles Revived!

Classicalfan626

Staff member
In regards to this thread, https://timetravelinstitute.com/threads/super-mario-rpg-remake.17866/, I'm not really that familiar with Super Mario RPG for the SNES, though I've definitely heard people talking about it. But allow me to provide readers with a sneak preview on something I'm planning on after I change history.

I buy Nintendo in 2013. There's a fairly long backstory to events prior to this event which I'll delve into at another time. Anyway, after I buy Nintendo, classic Nintendo consoles (particularly the NES, SNES, Nintendo 64, and Game Boy) will return to production.

The Game Boy post-return to production will be colorized, making it equivalent to the Game Boy Color, but it will simply be called Game Boy. The NES, SNES, and N64, which are all already in color, will have minimal changes done in regards to colorizing.

The complete libraries for each console will be released onto a single cartridge, one for each console. Consider them multi-carts. All games lacking a battery pack save feature will be provided with one.

Following the release of the Nintendo multi-carts, Sega will follow suit, reviving their classic consoles (particularly the Master System, Genesis, and Game Gear). And one can also expect the release of Sega multi-carts in the fashion of the Nintendo ones, and later, new titles for all classic Nintendo and Sega consoles mentioned in this post!

Any questions/comments?

2013? Why not earlier? The 90s were an amazing era for Nintendo. Such good memories.

Wouldn’t it be confusing to colorize the Game Boy but the keep the name as is? Remember when Apple did it with the iPad and the “New iPad”? It was quite confusing as far as I remember.

It’s cool how you’ve thought about the ripple effect, with Sega getting back in the game (pun intended). A rivalry reborn could stir up some exciting vibes in the gaming community.

2013? Why not earlier? The 90s were an amazing era for Nintendo. Such good memories.

Great question! I was born in the 80s, so during the 90s I was just a kid. (As a side note, in this current version of history, I was born in '86. Next version, I plan to be born in '85. But one year doesn't make a big difference anyway.) After changing history, I'll start my professional career in the entertainment industry in 2006, and this will really pick up big time after I graduate from college in 2008. Then I'll go on from there. That's to make a long story short. ;)

Wouldn’t it be confusing to colorize the Game Boy but the keep the name as is? Remember when Apple did it with the iPad and the “New iPad”? It was quite confusing as far as I remember.

Good (first) question. My answer is, perhaps. You do have a solid point there. I didn't even think of that myself. Maybe we'll name this version of the Game Boy as "Game Boy Classic Ultimate" or something along those lines. :)

It’s cool how you’ve thought about the ripple effect, with Sega getting back in the game (pun intended). A rivalry reborn could stir up some exciting vibes in the gaming community.

Very good comment! I do like the idea of a rivalry between Nintendo and Sega being reborn. Sega had a lot of amazing ideas, so I'd say that company would be due in the 2010s for a renaissance in the console industry. :)

Here's one: Will you make more F-ZERO games? The franchise has been dormant for something like 20 years now. Awesome games, especially the original and F-ZERO X on the N64. The music alone is worth it! ;)

Here's one: Will you make more F-ZERO games? The franchise has been dormant for something like 20 years now. Awesome games, especially the original and F-ZERO X on the N64. The music alone is worth it! ;)
Excellent suggestion! I remember the original F-Zero being a very cool racing game! I will certainly create and/or oversee more F-Zero games! You can count on that! :)

Also, may I suggest a sequel to Stunt Race FX? It was a pretty novel game on the SNES. One of the very few games using the Super FX chip, that allowed the SNES to render 3d graphics.

Also, may I suggest a sequel to Stunt Race FX? It was a pretty novel game on the SNES. One of the very few games using the Super FX chip, that allowed the SNES to render 3d graphics.
Another great idea! :) Hmm...

Make sure Nintendo doesn't sue Game Genie this time. End of an era after that, and GameShark was trash.
You can count on that! Game Genie was really good at helping people beat video games. :)