Need Wordpress Ads HELP

PaulaJedi

I seriously need help by someone that has expertise in this topic.

So, I want to add advertising to my wordpress site. I tried Ezoic, but it constantly tells me my site isn't integrated even though I've done everything they wanted me to. They mentioned an ad.txt file

So, I research that and find that I had to make one through adsense by Google.

Well, the problem is that I don't know which folder to put it in because I have a messy hosted directory -- my wordpress is in a subfolder..... so I copied ad.txt into a whole bunch of directories... and still, Google can't find it.

I am at wit's end.

I just want to earn a monthly income to pay for the site, just like everybody else, but NOTHING WORKS.

Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regarding this: https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/7679060?hl=en&ref_topic=7533328

Confirm the file is not temporarily unavailable - HOW exactly?

Confirm that the file is reachable from the root domain - HOW do I confirm this?

Ensure crawling is not disallowed by robots.txt - Where is this located? I can't find it.

Make an ads.txt file reachable via both HTTP and HTTPS - HOW?

My ads.txt file is still forbidden. I changed permissions for the entire folder to read, write, execute, etc. Still, Google Adsense says there is a problem.

Should I contact my host tech support?

I made $10 on youtube during the past 5 or so years, so I am thinking this is a good route, but I am so frustrated.