Thread for Rick Haber

Well, I guess then I will be here to know after the tea party (which I was not at) and fishing the bugs out of my tea, which bugs to eat.

Bugs 'r us.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2004/07/0715_040715_tvinsectfood.html

Anyway......................................maybe life will go on.

Is just Cultural...

But thesee are more delicius and nitritive food than Mc Donalds... and no mad cow issue!!!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

--

Remember: this whole thing is about self-responsibility, self-rule and self choice.

Ãœberm Sternenzelt richtet Gott, wie wir gerichtet.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because I wanted to see what he had to say for himself not just what everyone else was saying about him. I am kind of bold like that.

understandable, but i never thought you were that bold. may i ask how you got ahold of him? also, i apologize for asking a personal question, but did you like, disapeer for like 6 months? or am i just crazier than i thought?! :confused:

"understandable, but i never thought you were that bold. may i ask how you got ahold of him? also, i apologize for asking a personal question, but did you like, disapeer for like 6 months? or am i just crazier than i thought?! "

wow has it really been 6 months? It didn't seem that long to me. I really didn't disappear just been too busy to get online. One of the cool things I got to do recently is learn how to do pottery on old fashioned pottery wheels. They are so cool and you can make some pretty awesome things.

Your foot can get a little tired though. I have made plenty of bowls but for some reason I am having a rather rough time making a vase they always turn into water pitchers. lol :)

I have a two week lull where I have a lot of time and then I will be quite busy again so I hope he hurries up and posts before the 15th. I got a hold of him through Larry Haber. It is his brother you know.

wow has it really been 6 months? It didn't seem that long to me. I really didn't disappear just been too busy to get online. One of the cool things I got to do recently is learn how to do pottery on old fashioned pottery wheels. They are so cool and you can make some pretty awesome things.

Your foot can get a little tired though. I have made plenty of bowls but for some reason I am having a rather rough time making a vase they always turn into water pitchers. lol

I have a two week lull where I have a lot of time and then I will be quite busy again so I hope he hurries up and posts before the 15th. I got a hold of him through Larry Haber. It is his brother you know.

Yeah I use to get into pottery too but for much different reasons than you. I built a furnace out of a trash can, some sand, and some pottery clay with some other ingredients too. I got into melting metal and sand casting for making metal parts for my side hobbies. When I went into the pottery store to get items I needed and the lady their tried to engage me in conversation about what I was doing I usually left with her looking at me oddly. Different strokes for different folks. But back on topic. I hope your guy shows up. I would be interest in what he says.

wow has it really been 6 months?

We miss You...

Speaking of Recipes, i will give some:

Banana Worm Bread

Ingredients:

* 1/2 cup shortening

* 3/4 cup sugar

* 2 bananas, mashed

* 2 cups flour

* 1 teaspoon soda

* 1 teaspoon salt

* 1/2 cup chopped nuts

* 2 eggs

* 1/4 cup dry-roasted army worms

Directions:

Mix together all ingredients. Bake in greased loaf pan at 350 degrees for about 1 hour.

Rootworm Beetle Dip

Ingredients:

* 2 cup low-fat cottage cheese

* 1 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice

* 2 tablespoons skim milk

* 1/2 cup reduced calorie mayonnaise

* 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped

* 1 tablespoon onion, chopped

* 1 1/2 tsp. dill weed

* 1 1/2 tsp. Beau Monde

* 1 cup dry-roasted rootworm beetles

Directions:

Blend first 3 ingredients. Add remaining ingredients and chill.

Chocolate Chirpie Chip Cookies

Ingredients:

* 2 1/4 cup flour

* 1 tsp. baking soda

* 1 tsp. salt

* 1 cup butter, softened

* 3/4 cup sugar

* 3/4 cup brown sugar

* 1 tsp. vanilla

* 2 eggs

* 1 12-ounce chocolate chips

* 1 cup chopped nuts

* 1/2 cup dry-roasted crickets

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375. In small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. In large bowl, combine butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla; beat until creamy. Beat in eggs. Gradually add flour mixture and insects, mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by rounded measuring teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes.

Mealworm Fried Rice

Ingredients:

* 1 egg, beaten

* 1 tsp. oil

* 3/4 c. water

* 1/4 c. chopped onions

* 4 tsp. soy sauce

* 1/8 tsp. garlic powder

* 1 c. minute rice

* 1 c. cooked mealworms

Directions:

Scramble egg in a saucepan, stirring to break egg into pieces.

Add water, soy sauce, garlic and onions. Bring to a boil.

Stir in rice. Cover; remove from heat and let stand five minutes.

more at:

http://www.food-insects.com/

--

Remember: this whole thing is about self-responsibility, self-rule and self choice.

One of the cool things I got to do recently is learn how to do pottery on old fashioned pottery wheels. They are so cool and you can make some pretty awesome things.

Your foot can get a little tired though. I have made plenty of bowls but for some reason I am having a rather rough time making a vase they always turn into water pitchers. lol

A little history regarding a local Native American group here in Texas pre-1600's you might find interesting:

"They ( Karankawa's ) made and used very simple pottery. There was little, if any, decoration on these pots. These pots were often so badly made they would not even hold water very well."

I would have thought better of them than to make pots in such a manner. I have some Navajo pottery, and those are quite beautiful.

" While my book Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea is entirely a work of imagination, my conviction is that all I said in it will come to pass. " ~ Jules Verne

Alot of ancient peoples especially the Native Americans used a process called "burnishing". The ancient rubbing process of burnishing polishes the outside skin of a clay pot while greatly reducing its porosity.

Most of the time they would take a smooth river stone and use that. Rubbing it in circular motions

until the clay became shiny and less porous.

Since glaze was unknown to the Native Americans before the arrival of the Europeans this made the pots more waterproof and stronger.

spacer.png

If he doesn't post today I am going to start to wonder....

What I'm wondering is why he needs Raul to help him "get him into his account"? If it's a new account then all he need do is register and go. If it's an old account the only help that he might need from Raul is to reset his forgotten PW.

Just another damned cowboy with a college education.

recall...did you ever make any of these recipes? do you eat insects?

Right, as i said early, is only Cultural ...and the insects taste good! :yum: :yum: :yum:

and i didn`t mention the rat recipes...that taste like chicken....

Fast Recipe:

Skin and eviscerate field mice/rat. Skewer them and roast over an open fire or coals.

Warning Graphical Content...Enter at your own risk!

Link to Pics...

--

I don't know Darby here is our last email minus his email address because I don't know if he wants that published or not.

I am awaiting a response from support. I can't login. Once it is fixed, I'll post it.

Sent: Sunday, June 07, 2009 9:34 AM

To: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Subject: ?

Have you changed your mind about posting?

Well...while we wait since recall posted some yucky recipes I will post a yummy one.

Sorry ,I don't know where it came from originally my friends passed it around so many times

but I have tried it and it turns out pretty good!

5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE

4 tablespoons Self Rising flour

4 tablespoons sugar or Splenda

2 tablespoons cocoa

1 egg

3 tablespoons milk

3 tablespoons oil

3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)

A small splash of vanilla extract

1 large coffee mug (MicroSafe)

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.

Pour in the milk and oil and mix well..

Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.

Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.

The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!

Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.

EAT ! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous).

now you are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night!

It is especially good with a scoop of vanilla icecream! Heck with eating bugs! Give me chocolate!

Well, after the crispy critters, the cake in the mug, the pottery making, try these guys (yes it will take you a few listens to really acknowledge them) and some of the earlier albums like:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Dpopular&field-keywords="Spyro+Gyra"&x=7&y=23

Spyro Gyra (first album) - Paula/Paw Prints is just nice(piano + band) and Cascade (slower material) just hangs in grace (and other songs).

Morning Dance - remember hit song on radio (the only one they had - which is too bad since a lot of people go and see them in playing live in concert.) Song for Lorraine and other slower material is just awesome to hear (and others on the album) No, I do not have all the albums - just a few.

Catching the Sun - which is what they do for the album.

Stories without words (these guys can play a musical intrument).

I have some others - some get a little different (since I like the melodic nice material songs better).

Northern Nights - by Dan Siegel (another musical artist)(it's the aurora borealis in an musical album).(which reminds me of another album from him - LP33 a while back now in time.)

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, - FreeTime album by Spyro Gyra.

only music I will listen to anymore - I guess I don't buy that much music anyway.

Carnaval-(Spyro Gyra) - I have to go find. Now, where is that album. (sounds like a carnaval.

Well, back to something else. Each to their own, I guess, but really, some of the songs these guys play - I just have to like.

local musical store also sells them probably also.

Gees forgot the link.

Well...while we wait since recall posted some yucky recipes I will post a yummy one.

Sorry ,I don't know where it came from originally my friends passed it around so many times

but I have tried it and it turns out pretty good!

5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE

4 tablespoons Self Rising flour

4 tablespoons sugar or Splenda

2 tablespoons cocoa

1 egg

3 tablespoons milk

3 tablespoons oil

3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)

A small splash of vanilla extract

1 large coffee mug (MicroSafe)

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.

Pour in the milk and oil and mix well..

Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.

Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.

The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!

Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.

EAT ! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous).

now you are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night!

It is especially good with a scoop of vanilla icecream! Heck with eating bugs! Give me chocolate!

Well, I will see what my family thinks. I have two tast testers waiting to try this. Recall, thanks for the bug receipts but I am going to hold off on them. Well I hope Rick at least saw we waited for him. I think he stood us up.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.