"The future ain't what it used to be."

RC Chopper Sport

@Einstein is this something you still enjoy doing? Was thinking about 3D printing an RC drone or something similar at some point soon. Curious if you have any photos or links to good resources for this stuff.

I live in California. A shithole. There is no place to fly anymore. Although a while back I tried an indoors version of an RC helicopter. It satisfied my need to fly RC aircraft for a while. Much more forgiving to my wallet. 6 or 7 years ago I learned the nose in hover with one of the indoors version. I haven't flown since. I would highly recommend you learn on the indoors version. The aircraft aren't much bigger than your hand. And you wont get killed if you accidentally fly one into yourself.

I live in California. A shithole. There is no place to fly anymore. Although a while back I tried an indoors version of an RC helicopter. It satisfied my need to fly RC aircraft for a while. Much more forgiving to my wallet. 6 or 7 years ago I learned the nose in hover with one of the indoors version. I haven't flown since. I would highly recommend you learn on the indoors version. The aircraft aren't much bigger than your hand. And you wont get killed if you accidentally fly one into yourself.
My sister and her entire family fled CA a few months ago. Is it getting worse? I see plenty online about it but believe nothing I read. We've got a couple cheap indoor drones, but we live in townhouse made of stairs so it gets scary, LOL.

We own twenty acres in northern Washington state here. I'll have to look at what the rules are for messing around :)

Good to see you!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had a RC Traxxas Bandit for a few years now used to be right into, constant charging of lipo batteries etc.

Was a lot of fun one of my friends got one then his son purchased a petrol model , they really flew. At one stage i was going to get into drones something came up.

From what I can gather, flying a drone or unmanned aircraft weighing 55 pounds or less is ALLOWED for recreational purposes over private property in WA state. There's lots of particulars about flying in cities or proximity to airports, but 20 acres of pasture surrounded by other pastures is probably going to be fine.

The land is about 7 hours away, not exactly a lark trip. Some preparation is in order.

@Einstein what did you replace this hobby with?

Back