"The future ain't what it used to be."

Old timers--what happened to...?

ParallelDreams

Timekeeper
What happened to timetravelportal.com? I believe it was 2006 and tt "Bishop" was the latest time travel claim...after he dropped out of the thread, the site just disappeared not long after (from my remembrance of it). Any insight here?

I have no knowledge of such a person or any claims thereof. Of course, there were many 'claims' being tossed about during that era, none of which I am aware of, with the possible exception of the Titor stories. There does exist some historical evidence that Titor may have been, and I must stress, "may have been", a legitimate scientist and/or theorist/experimentalist in this particular field, mainly due to some historical evidence which suggests some possible early experiments (2030-2076), that may have yielded some valid results. However, keeping in mind that from my perspective, such historical details have been lost, and no current provable evidence of his work, or even his existence, remains. It does appear possible, however, based on his supposed work, that he and his team may well have stumbled upon at least a few key components that are required to initiate some type of manipulations. Perhaps he was aware of the universal constant at that time, but it is not known for certain. Further, if it is assumed that he (or his team) had some knowledge of the necessary requirements involved, it could be plausible that he was at least partially successful within a very limited range, but of course that can not be proven. Currently, the only known model capable of achieving any type of 'time travel' is the Torus Model, and even now, it is quite limited. Curiously, this model seem to exhibit highly defined range limits (or sharp boundaries if you prefer). The reasons for the limitations are not yet known, although several theories do exist (as of 2266). As far as I am aware, no model exists as of 2013 that allows for any type of 'time travel'. Many more discoveries and developments will be required before such a thing can be realized.
So, therefore, I can state with absolute certainty, that no such 'time traveller' existed known as "Bishop". Such a claim would most certainly be false, as well as any other claims as of 2013. There just does not yet exist the practical capability. The first verifiable evidence of any type of 'time travel' was first acquired in October of 2226 when laboratory experiments achieved a highly limited type of bi-directional information transfer.. I think you could crudely refer to this process as a type of rudimentary quantum phase shifting, universal manipulation, or maybe entanglement.. But of course such terms are antiquated, so I offer the previous terms only as an initiator of the thought processes involved.

What happened to timetravelportal.com? I believe it was 2006 and tt "Bishop" was the latest time travel claim...after he dropped out of the thread, the site just disappeared not long after (from my remembrance of it). Any insight here?
I believe the site owner was a guy going with the screen name of MadIce. He had contacted me one time about being a moderator for his site. I declined. I believe he just got tired of the site. Although it was one of my favorite time travel sites. He had a wealth of information on the site. He is a registered poster on this site, but hasn't been around in quite some time.

Back