"The future ain't what it used to be."

Cybernetics applied to time travel

vodkafan

Timekeeper
In thinking of the plot for my novel it has become apparent to me that if time travel into the past is ever a reality the science of cybernetics will play a big part.
Cybernetics is the study of systems , of control and feedback. They must be able to pin down what a system will do , cause and effect. It has been used to examine economic systems and create economic models, also ecological systems, and study human society.
It seems logical to me that if we ever start messing about with time we will need to be able to predict the outcomes of our interventions; so as to be able to minimise changes. It will probably only be possible to do this with the huge processing power of quantum computers. It will doubtless call on other areas of science and mathematics like probabilities.
Unfortunately my level of understanding of this is so limited. I was only just starting to get my head around a working understanding of the various time travel paradoxes. So I am just putting this out for some discussion to chew over with others. Does it makes sense?

Back