"The future ain't what it used to be."

Do We Really Have Advanced technology

Michael Janks

Timekeeper
I have a question, And would so appreciate any insight on the following. listening to many theories and especially Al Bieleks story regarding his trip to the year 2137. Al, and many others insist and claim that we currently do have advanced technology, way beyond our years of evolution.. Al claims during one of his interviews of his trip into the future, that Earth has powerful weapons, that we are able to defend ourselves against Alien races seeking hostile intentions with Earth. He further states that we have demonstrated these weapons by firing them into space with the force and ability of "Punching A Hole through Jupiter" This he claims is why advanced Aliens have kept their distance from us as we are currently a match to these advanced civilizations. He further states that while in the year 2137 he had learned that Earth had indeed engaged an Alien force whom as he recalls had a appetite for Human flesh which led to a major war depopulating the Planet to around 300 Million until we were able to force these hostile Aliens off our planet. Well if that is the case, I can not for the life of me faith in why we are not being able to have the advantage of the use of such technology to improve Humanity, Are The people in charge so primitive and so selfless that they are not prepared to improve our race, by means of eradicating famine and poverty and allowing us as a Human race to improve our statas to the extent of working together for the greater good of our Race??? It seems to me that the only time humanity will indeed stand together and unite is when we are threatened by an outside Alien civilization..... Are we as humans actually so primitive as to keep power paramount and are we still so far away from allowing ourselves to become a race of advancement?? If not then i truly do not see the Human Race surviving and thus are our days indeed numbered due to our own destruction?

Greetings, Michael Janks.

You are certainly loaded with questions,
more questions than are generally answered in a single thread
or, maybe, a lifetime.
Sensationalized claims are generally false.
I could provide you more useful predictions
based upon hard evidence supplied by respected experts.
While I might be so inclined, sympathize with your sentiments ...&c.,
re:
It seems to me that the only time humanity will indeed stand together and unite is when we are threatened by an outside Alien civilization
equally relevant now is what I retrieved from another thread:
New Military Holograms: Is This Real Or Just Fantasy? Project BLUE BEAM by Gary Flynn. | The Daily Cheese.
img084bluebeamtdc.jpg

A quick google advanced AI search reveals that Al Bielek is a fraud. All argument stemming from this flawed proposition is also flawed. Of the question of advanced technology, it is a question of how advanced. Internet technology is advanced compared to pilgrims.

A quick google advanced AI search reveals that Al Bielek is a fraud. All argument stemming from this flawed proposition is also flawed. Of the question of advanced technology, it is a question of how advanced. Internet technology is advanced compared to pilgrims.
Hi Glados
Thanks for your reply I do appreciate it... I just find it pretty fascinating that respected men such as Andy Basiago seem pretty credible and if so there experiences and explanations must have some truth especially regarding Time Jumps and of cource Time travel. Their detail is extrodinery and why would they put themselves at such risk regarding? I am always the first to ask. "If time travel is possible in the near or far future, then why have time travelers not been back to our time" Or have they...

Please see
GLaDOS | Time Travel Institute.
Much of what GLaDOS says could be refuted,
were one to want to take the time to do so.

“The outsourcing of humans to robots continues unabated as some experts
expect a complete elimination of the need for a human workforce by 2045”--
Activist Post: Delivery Drones to Usher in Economic Transformation
Self-Driven Vehicles to Eliminate Countless Jobs

Please click hypertext and see the audio-videos embedded therein the posts below:
What is Mind? And does it require a "Soul"? | Time Travel Institute
What is Mind? And does it require a "Soul"? | Time Travel Institute

Thank you.

Hi Glados
Thanks for your reply I do appreciate it... I just find it pretty fascinating that respected men such as Andy Basiago seem pretty credible and if so there experiences and explanations must have some truth especially regarding Time Jumps and of cource Time travel. Their detail is extrodinery and why would they put themselves at such risk regarding? I am always the first to ask. "If time travel is possible in the near or far future, then why have time travelers not been back to our time" Or have they...

Andrew Basiago is not credible. Imo, he is a snake oil salesman. He is a very clever individual, that has convinced numerous people that he has time-travelled, but he can offer no hard evidence or proof of his claims (apart from his own personal testimony). I for one, would love to read an exhange between Andrew Basiago and Darby (from this forum).

Hi Glados
The first link I found on this character can be found here:

Andrew Basiago - RationalWiki

It is of a skeptical tone, but if it is true that he is a lawyer/journalist then it is far more likely that he went insane.

The first link I found on this character can be found here:

Andrew Basiago - RationalWiki

It is of a skeptical tone, but if it is true that he is a lawyer/journalist then it is far more likely that he went insane.
I so appreciate your messages and respect your view completely. I still however do listen to as much information regarding as possible, and make no mistake I certainly sift out the absolute Bull that many try and convince us of. I guess it boils down to the kind of mind shift one has and to be certainly rooted to the ground in order to either inherently or be well versed in order to pick up the reality one seeks. that is precisely why I did post my question, as I do most certainly appreciate all points of view. However, I am emphatically set in believing that there is certainly life out there, be it intelligent or other and we would be pretty small minded in thinking we are all alone in this universe....correction... multiverse. Therefore I must follow the inclination that there would be more civilizations out there that would be more technically advanced than us and obviously if we as Humans are evolving and progressing other civilizations are too. Leading me to a further step in stating that there technology would be more advanced too.And pretty much beyond our present comprehension of technology....ie Time Travel a certain possibility in my eyes. Again Thanks for taking the time in replying to my posts, much appreciated :) 2. More

Andrew Basiago is not credible. Imo, he is a snake oil salesman. He is a very clever individual, that has convinced numerous people that he has time-travelled, but he can offer no hard evidence or proof of his claims (apart from his own personal testimony). I for one, would love to read an exhange between Andrew Basiago and Darby (from this forum).

I agree, except I believe Darby's however well-founded ideas about the
feasibility of time travel overly restrictive and, therefore, false.

Michael,

I , too, believe there must be other intelligent creatures in existence. Of lifeforms,
however, lawyers tend to be low.

Re: Andrew Basiago

I asked another member, what's wrong with the following scenario?

The government claims the technological ability to read your mind.
"Remote Viewers" confirm their claims. The thought police arrest you
for intent to commit a crime. But, so long as he's not collaborating
with them as either a witness or prosecutor, lawyer Andrew D. Basiago
will defend you for a fortune.

It beats ambulance chasing and, after all, you believe them--don't you?

I agree, except I believe Darby's however well-founded ideas about the
feasibility of time travel overly restrictive and, therefore, false.

Michael,

I , too, believe there must be other intelligent creatures in existence. Of lifeforms,
however, lawyers tend to be low.

Re: Andrew Basiago

I asked another member, what's wrong with the following scenario?

The government claims the technological ability to read your mind.
"Remote Viewers" confirm their claims. The thought police arrest you
for intent to commit a crime. But, so long as he's not collaborating
with them as either a witness or prosecutor, lawyer Andrew D. Basiago
will defend you for a fortune.

It beats ambulance chasing and, after all, you believe them--don't you?

Thanks for your e mail Syzygy, I so appreciate your input and always enjoy a chat with a like minded intelligent person as yourself. hope to chat soon regards

:confused: I sent no direct e-mail to you nor started a private conversation with/
sent a private message (PM) to you. Are you referring to my posts above
and your subsequent notice thereof via e-mail?

Quoted from the source that GLaDOS provided:

"Following Basiago's continued mental decline, he now claims to have teleported to Mars in the 1980s as an Earth ambassador to the Martian civilisation. This is strange because when he published his article nearly three decades later, he claims to have been "astonished" to discover life on Mars. Then again, he is a time-traveller, so who are we to nitpick the chronology?
Along with William B. Stillings, an equally strange comrade he dug up somewhere, Basiago now claims that President Obama was a fellow Mars traveller back in the day, then living under the moniker "Barry Soetoro." Basiago and Stillings say they met Obama on Mars, and the government is now covering up the president's space travel past. One can only hope perhaps someday the cover-up will end so at last the story can be told of Barack Obama: Time-Travelin' Mars Ranger from Harvard.
Basiago has also announced his candidacy for the US Presidential election in 2016.[1]

To be perfectly honest and frank being human we have a need to see facts for ourselves before we actually place belief in them. So there is at present no answer to any of the above questions unless of course one dose in fact witness a event of the un normality......But then again the problem resurfaces as to who is going to believe you.... Then again they are at present challenging E=mc2. But my mind is comfortable with the fact that indeed life exists for certain elsewhere in the Universe...If there is water there is life!!

This is a question born out of genuine curiosity: why "must" there be other intelligent creatures in existence?
So vast is the universe that the odds of there being
a planet either similar to Earth or with dissimilarly
evolved life are very high. In fact, speaking of Mars,
it was recently found to have surface water:

NASA Mars Rover Curiosity Finds Water in First Sample of Planet Surface
Sep. 26, 2013 — The first scoop of soil analyzed by the analytical suite in the belly of NASA's Curiosity rover reveals that fine materials on the surface of the planet contain several percent water by weight.

So vast is the universe that the odds of there being
a planet either similar to Earth or with dissimilarly
evolved life are very high. In fact, speaking of Mars,
it was recently found to have surface water:

NASA Mars Rover Curiosity Finds Water in First Sample of Planet Surface
Sep. 26, 2013 — The first scoop of soil analyzed by the analytical suite in the belly of NASA's Curiosity rover reveals that fine materials on the surface of the planet contain several percent water by weight.

I understand what you mean. You're saying that there is a high probablity of there being other highly evolved beings* in the vastness of all/everything/universe (*beings in the sense that we understand the term)

So following your logic, there must also exist a planet whose only inhabitants are blue blobs with red spots?

Back