"The future ain't what it used to be."

Marlin Pohlman Arrested

John Thomas

Timekeeper
For those of you who don't know. Marlin Pohlman, who took John Titor's time machine schematics and had them patented, was arrested for drugging and raping women.

For those of you who don't know. Marlin Pohlman, who took John Titor's time machine schematics and had them patented, was arrested for drugging and raping women.

Never heard of this pohlman fellow before, but I hope this pathetic waste of space and poor excuse of a man, receives his "just deserts" behind bars.....

Just a small correction. Pohlman filed an application for a patent but it was denied to him by the USPTO. Little wonder why. If you read the bumbling, rambling application it is obvious that it was submitted by a crackpot. More accurately, submitted by a adult onset schizophrenic who claims that experimental anti-cancer drugs given to him had the side effect of giving him super-intelligence. It was a bit of a career-ender for him at EMC.

Never heard of this pohlman fellow before, but I hope this pathetic waste of space and poor excuse of a man, receives his "just deserts" behind bars.....

Holy crap, Mylo. All John did was make a statement without any article links saying that Pohlman was arrested. Based on that alone you've already got him convicted and rotting away for the rest of his life in prison. Is there any chance that the story is a hoax, involves the wrong "Pohlman" or that he might actually be innocent of the allegations?

And I'm the person who is constantly accused of being close minded and an evil debunker.

Holy crap, Mylo. All John did was make a statement without any article links saying that Pohlman was arrested. Based on that alone you've already got him convicted and rotting away for the rest of his life in prison. .

Lol. I read John's post, I did a quick google check on Pohlman from my phone. Saw an article about his arrest on a UK newspaper website, read the article and very swiftly came to my conclusion about the fellow and posted my opinion. And I will repeat my earlier comment, I hope he gets his just deserts behind bars...

Lol. I read John's post, I did a quick google check on Pohlman from my phone. Saw an article about his arrest on a UK newspaper website, read the article and very swiftly came to my conclusion about the fellow and posted my opinion. And I will repeat my earlier comment, I hope he gets his just deserts behind bars...

There is a chance that he is innocent and a larger chance that he'll likely spend a long time in a Washington State psych unit.

Several years ago when I first read his patent application and did some online research about him, my suspicion relative to his sudden mental melt-down was that LSD or MDMA (Ecstasy), not anti-cancer drugs, was the culprit. Intoxicating doses of LSD are measured in micrograms. Long-term use is extremely dangerous. Unfortunately, LSD also binds itself to certain receptor sites in the brain and can remain there for decades causing "flashbacks" at unexpected times for the user. Profound, permanent and irreversible drug induced psychosis was a common side effect of LSD seen in the 1960's and 1970's when the drug was a popular street choice (and legal until 1969). MDMA can have similar long lasting psychotic side-effects. He's accused of injecting the women with cocktails that include both drugs.

There is a chance that he is innocent and a larger chance that he'll likely spend a long time in a Washington State psych unit.

I'm not sure which country you're from, but over here in England, when issues such as this is discussed in inner city boozers (pubs), a person is guilty until proven innocent. 4 women on 4 seperate occasions have accused him of the same crime, and police suspect there maybe more victims ... I need say no more. Additionally, I came across a comment by someone claiming to be Pohlman's ex-wife's new husband, who believes that Pohlman is guilty of all that he is accused of. i have no sympathy for the fellow.

If he is guilty, he should rot in jail for life.

Darby. I did not know his patent application was rejected. I think the readers of the John Titor legend should all know that.

If he is guilty, he should rot in jail for life.

Darby. I did not know his patent application was rejected. I think the readers of the John Titor legend should all know that.

Over the years I've posted that many times. All you need to do is go to the USPTO online database and search for "Pohlman Martin" "Applicant Name" and search again for "Assignee Name". No hits. What you see online is the application form that was filled out on one of the private, non-government, online patent application sites. He apparently attempted to file an application but the application itself was never recognized as valid, let alone issuing a patent, by the USPTO.

US Published Application Full-Text Database Boolean Search

Holy crap, Mylo. All John did was make a statement without any article links saying that Pohlman was arrested. Based on that alone you've already got him convicted and rotting away for the rest of his life in prison. Is there any chance that the story is a hoax, involves the wrong "Pohlman" or that he might actually be innocent of the allegations?

And I'm the person who is constantly accused of being close minded and an evil debunker.

Darby, my old friend, you've restored my faith in mankind by slapping down a rush to judgement! With great aplomb and humor at that. :)

Since I don't come visit much these days, I hope you'll forgive a change of subject - to questions for you personally. I think most visitors here would be curious to know your take, so I'll ask outright. Do you believe that time travel has, is or ever will be something humans attain? Of course, I don't mean the "one-second-per-second" or "orbits in the I.S.S." variety. ;) Time communication is also fair game.

I would also like to know (with your answer(s) above in mind), how do you feel about being the de facto historian/biographer/fact checker of the John Titor story? I ask this sincerely. Pamela and I basically threw up our hands in surrender - long ago, compared to what you've done to keep the facts straight. What stirs you on?

Darby, my old friend, you've restored my faith in mankind by slapping down a rush to
I would also like to know (with your answer(s) above in mind), how do you feel about being the de facto historian/biographer/fact checker of the John Titor story? I ask this sincerely. Pamela and I basically threw up our hands in surrender - long ago, compared to what you've done to keep the facts straight. What stirs you on?

Good question. What if Darby is helping Titor in some way he is not aware of.

This is brand new information. It has not been discussed.

Does that really matter? Methinks he is not pointing to the "brand new information" so much as he is pointing to your clear OCD on anything Titor. I was hesitant at first to create an "all things Titor" forum, but now I am going to begin to discuss it with KerrTexas and Raul.

John, I understand Titor is your fetish, and you have a difficult time (no pun intended) leaving it alone. But it really gets old and annoying to many of the rest of us that is seems any topic about TT you seem to wish to turn back to the Titor game.
RMT

Back