"The future ain't what it used to be."

i have a theory

sub_zer082

Timekeeper
this is just something i have been thinking of lately (just bear with me im not too sure how to put it into words)

ok imagine the year is 2037, your name is nostradamus and you have access to a time machine.
you go back in time (for whatever reason) and find yourself stuck! the very fact you went back in time means you have changed the future, meaning there is no way you will ever be able to get back to the present you left.
what would you do? start living life where you are while possibly "predicting" a future you were originally from?

im not going too deep into time travel i know, but take a minute to realise the possibilities we have.

just think that nostradamus could possibly be someone from the future giving us "predictions" on whats to come. only that fact that he went back would have changed the future he now faces from the future he came from. (hence possibly why not all are spot on)

i know it seems to be a ramble lol and for the most part it probably is, then again who knows there may be clues in all sorts of unlikely places.

because if it really is possibly and we will do it someday who is to say we havent been visited by our future sons and daughters already.

An interesting possibility.

And here is another interesting idea:

Anybody who can predict the future, must have somehow gotten information from the future. This is true even if there was no actual time travel involved. Any form of precognition. Any form of prophetic dream. Every "gut feeling" about something before it happens. All these things involve the flow of some kind of information backwards in time.

In a way, all of these things are a form of time travel. The information bits are the travellers.

Back