"The future ain't what it used to be."

Ron Mallett tonight on Coast to Coast

Re: Ron Mallet tonight on Coast to Coast

Break out the tape recorder. I make a prediction. Noorey will mention JT probably, and if I am up that late, I will have to hear.

Amoeboid Al.

However, I am tired as of now for some reason. Wake up later, I guess.

Thank-You for posting the info, Pamela. I saw a program on his work about a year ago. Very interesting.

Your welcome OvLordLegion. I actually won't get to hear it myself. It is on too late where I am at and I have to work in the morning. I am not going to sign up to coast to coast again just to hear one program. I actually got to meet Mr. Mallett in person at an inventors induction ceremony and got to talk to him a little bit.(Its good to talk to them before they get too famous. /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif ) He is actually quite shy in person. Atleast he was back then.
I think he was a little overwhelmed at all the people who came to hear him.
Anyway he seemed like a wonderful person as well as having great ideas. I am kind of curious what his ideas have progressed into to this date. I am hoping somebody who gets to hear it will post some info about it.

Pamela,

When he gave the teaser for Mallett, Art, once again (as he did back in 2002), alluded to the mysterious disappearance of David Anderson leaving it up to the audience to infer that -maybe- Anderson had been successful with his TT experiment and went off somewhere in time.

I wrote to Art (again) and told him (again) that David Anderson didn't "disappear" and that Anomalies found him in Rochester, NY working as a salesman - and in Romania where he started the new non-profit.

It was interesting how many things he said that John said:

1. "If" you could capture a mini black hole at CERN, it could power a time machine.
2. Multiple Universes do exist and that's where you would go (not your old timeline)
3. Time travel is a one way trip, no returning to the point of origin
4. You would not change anything where you left, only the new universe you arrived in,

That's quite a coinkidink! I wonder how much Pamela told Mallett about John and that's why he chose her? Could she have been the messanger for information transfer from the future to the past? What about Mallett? Can little John here (or GE for that matter) sue Mallett for Patent infringment?

I couldn't help but wonder what might happen when he turns his machine on for the first time. According to what Mallett said, you can't travel any further back then when the machine was turned on for the first time. Mallett would never get to step into it becuase that's when all the time travelers in the future would beat him to the door trying to get into our past from the future!

Mallett gave a decent general description of special and general relativity plus an intro to quantum theory. There were no surprises in the descriptions. It was lower division university physics major "stuff". He was there to promote his new book.

His heart warming story has always been that he wants to go back and visit dear old dad to save him from his vices. Yet he correctly states in his opening description of the science that he can't do that. He can only travel back to the time when the machine is first activated because that's the extremity of the closed loop that he plans to create. Dad isn't going to get a visit from him.

He did seem to be a bit confused on at least one issue.

At one point he said that he was approached by the govmit with a research grant opportunity but was told by them that it would have to be a secret project. He said that he turned it down because he wanted the technology to be availabel to the world.

At another point he said that he feared that terrorists could obtain the technology thus it would have to be regulated by the government.

Either the government makes the technology a secret and regulates it or it doesn't...unless he can tell us how to regulate terrorists' (his choice of bad guys, not mine) use of a technology that is not a secret.

I'll make a prediction here:

Mallett is finding it very difficult to find funding for his research. He said that he and his research partner need $250,000 to do the initial experiments to prove whether his theory is even correct. In theoretical physics research dollars that's close to chump change.

He has a book for sale that will most likely become a best (or near best) seller.

He'll make a lot more than $250,000 from his book. He will have the money that he says that he needs for the initial experiments.

The prediction is:

He won't bother to fund his own initial research.

Mallett is a real theoretical physicist. But when he first made his "splash" a few years ago by publishing his U Conn funded (read that publicly funded) research in the pop-sci media before submitting it for publication in Physical Letters A I had a bad feeling about it all. He by-passed peer review, went public and did it without the consent of U Conn (and they were not a bit happy about it either). He didn't do himself any favors. This is a large part of why he is finding problems with obtaining research grants.

He doesn't own the research. The people of Connecticut paid for it - the University owns it. I sniffed "book deal" and more Art Bell radio way back then.

This is about money - and only peripherally about advancing research.

Just a prediction, nothing more.

I agree with Darby? What?

It did seem a bit odd that he only wanted money from people who don't want any results or a return on their investment. Oh by the way - donate on my web site sucker!

Also, it got me thinking:

1. If his time machine worked, he wouldn't need to build the full size model. The moment he tries to send a nuetron into the past, he should get an encoded message from himself in the future telling him he's right and the pin number to an account with the quarter mill in it.

2. He said he patented the idea of using the time machine as an "early warning system". He could "charge" companies to see if the ipod micro would sell or not. He also said that each "universe" was different than the one you're in or leaving. Wouldn't that mean you would have to factor in some sort of (oh my gosh) divergence factor into your prediction making the information usless?

Come on Mallett - if your going to shake us down at least tell us there's a departure video out there someplace!

Darby,

Yeah we did find out Dr. Anderson was still here didn't we.
He just kind of left his members of his time travel group out on a loop.

"That's quite a coinkidink! I wonder how much Pamela told Mallett about John and that's why he chose her? Could she have been the messanger for information transfer from the future to the past? What about Mallett? Can little John here (or GE for that matter) sue Mallett for Patent infringment?"

LOL Mr. Mallett probably doesn't even remember my name. There were so many people talking to him that night. I was just one of many.
I just regret I had not brought a camera with me. They also had the "back to the future" car there that was in the movies. One of the prizes was getting to ride in the car. /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Can John sue Mallett? Probably not. The John here may grow up to be something totally different.

Face it Darby. I don't think many people will fund time travel.. maybe in the selling of the book
he can fund it himself. Maybe that's his whole plan. A back- up plan.
I have already ordered a copy of his book.

Everyone
Hi it's Adam I just wanted to say I didn't listen to coast to coast am when ronald was on but I bought a book called PSIence by marie d jones and it is a good book I recommend it to anyone it talks about the paranormal and backs it up with science I am almost done with it by the way the johntitor website has been updated with new information and such I am trying to email ronald I think he is just tired from his trip to coast to coast am but if he replies back to me I might give out what he has to say well that is all for now I will talk with you all later on see ya later!

I have not even had time to relisten to the show, and probably the book will be the same thing.
I was again reading a little Dr. Kaku's book about Parallel Worlds, and I can not even get very far in that anymore. Last it was describing how a holographic image is made from lasers, and I was thinking about that. Why would anyone think that to describe anything like that it turns out to be a 2D image made from lasers that form the 3D holographic image. Fine then. What if light is like a laser I was thinking to myself, and instead of thinking that you are the center again of the image, imagine 360 degree circle with all the light that is in the Universe moving perhaps like vibrations of lasers around everywhere, and you are not the image inside of the center that makes the 3D holographic image, but the 360 degree everywhere else quantum theory and only a reflection then.

Page 232 or somewhere there in the book.

How can they continue to think the way that they do describing some of this stuff when they are suppose to know quantum theory in the first place. Describing Hawkings and how he changed his mind about black hole information before that in the book and all of that also that came out about winning the enclycopedia.

Well, it just seems that way (like they are in a fog most of the time or too close to whatever it is they are doing to actually reflect a little about what they are doing in the first place - that is describing everything and again why is everything like humans the center of the Universe again. After 300 years ago describing how the Sun or Sol is only one of many stars in the Galaxy, they seem to focus on being the (at least to me) the center of the Universe again, and again, and again. Quantum Theory is not Particle Theory. It is waves, waves, waves, waves at least to me.)
Oh, well!

Pamela,

Yeah we did find out Dr. Anderson was still here didn't we.

He just kind of left his members of his time travel group out on a loop.

Yes indeedy, we did. I mentioned to Art (again) that people who paid Anderson the registration fee to join his group never received anything other than the one copy of the "monthly" bulletin that was seen on his site - no matter when they happened to register.

I also told him that for all of our efforts all we could find of the Anderson's "Time Travel Research Center/Time Travel Research Association" was a post office box, telephone answering service and his private residence address...all of which were recycled when he started the World Genesis Foundation in Romania. No "laboratory" no scientists - nada.

I especially liked forwarding Anderson's "biography" to Art (submitted by his new employer in a press release announcing his hiring):

DETECTION SYSTEMS
WELCOMES DAVID ANDERSON AS
NEW VICE PRESIDENT

Fairport, New York – May 31, 2002 – Detection Systems, Inc. is pleased to announce David Anderson as the newly appointed Vice President of Global Product Management for Intrusion Products, based at Detection Systems’ corporate headquarters in Fairport, New York.

With more than fifteen years of experience in the security industry, Mr. Anderson also has experience as an officer in the United States Air Force and as a scientist. His educational background includes physics, philosophy and engineering, allowing Mr. Anderson to bring with him a vast and well-rounded wealth of knowledge to his position at Detection Systems.

Mr. Anderson comes to the company after several years with Newmark Technology as their Vice President of Marketing and Business Development. He has also worked in the security industry with ADEMCO, developing their commercial and government business. Mr. Anderson has extensive experience in strategic planning, market research and customer relations.

For more information, contact:

Ann Marie Camblin – Marketing Coordinator
800-289-0096 ext. 4308

No "Dr." David Anderson, no PhD, no Air Force Flight Test Engineer - just sales and marketing...in the burglar alarm industry. It doesn't even state whether or not he graduated from a Junior College, let alone a four year college or university. Just a reference to his educational "background".That's generally a telling remark. If he had a BA/BS, Master's or PhD they would have included that in his bio. If he had the degrees they would make sure that prospective clients reading the announcement would have that information. It's pretty important information in the business word.

David has always avoided answering direct questions about his education - where he went to college, his major and what degree(s) he earned, if any.

The original article had a nice photo of Anderson that copied very nicely into the email. The URL link is long dead...I saved a copy in my files in 2002. The link to World Genesis also has a nice photo of Anderson. No doubt at all - its the same David Anderson from TTRC/TTRA. (which also had a nice photo of Anderson on the site).

http://www.zoominfo.com/people/Anderson_David_94020737.aspx

http://www.worldgenesis.org/index1.html

http://www.worldgenesis.org/organization/management_team.html

(NOTE: On the World Genesis "Management Team" URL you'll also see a reference to TV producer Barry Shaverin - no photo. Back in 2002 Barry was quite irate when he saw that I posted about Anderson/WGF and included his name. When Ipointed out that Anderson had listed him as a "Advisory Member" of the Board of Directors he was not a happy camper. I'm surprised that his name is still there.)

If anyone has any doubts about the Detection Systems, Inc article and wants to see the original format with the photo of Anderson let me know via PM. I'll email the article to you.

Anyway, Pamela...

I didn't use your name in the email to Art because I know that you've been a member of his forum before and I didn't want to speak for you and risk getting Art upset with you. You neve know when you might need that connection. Art, as you and I know, doesn't have much of a sense of humor when he's criticzed.

But you did provide important input and material evidence to the team while we were researching and answering the question, "Where Did David Anderson Disappear To? after his last appearance on Coast to Coast AM (2002) where he announced that he was on the verge of a "major break through."

Pamela,

Face it Darby. I don't think many people will fund time travel.. maybe in the selling of the book
he can fund it himself. Maybe that's his whole plan. A back- up plan.

I have already ordered a copy of his book.

I agree that getting grant funding through the University in this area is difficult. But its not impossible. But I think that this is where Dr. Mallett is really having his funding problems:

He's been a PhD physicist for almost 30 years - and he's produced exactly two published research papers. He's basically an uknown person in his field from the aspect of advancing the science of theoretical physics. If you look at the CV's for the other members of the physics department at Tulane his output is virtually zero. His peers have produced dozens or even hundreds of published works in their fields.

Why can't he get research funding? Probably because over the past three decades he hasn't been doing any research that people who fund theoretical physics projects can point to and, based on his output, make a risk/reward assessment.

And we've been talking about Art Bell and David Anderson. David Anderson is not someone that a legitimate physicist wants to have his name associated with if he's looking for respect (and funding) in his field.

Art made the Mallett/Anderson connection in his intro to the show. And that is why I brought it up on the Mallett thread. Art indirectly associated Mallett with someone whom we highly suspect of having played a hoax (or worse because money was involved) on the Internet time travel community.

Mallett did himself a huge professional disservice by appearing on Coast-2-Coast - and Art added to it. Dumb and Dummer.

It was a very smart move for Mallett to go on Art's show if his sole motivation was to promote his book. That will make him a lot of money.

But it was a very dumb move to go on to Art's show if he really wants to have any credibility in his field and obtain research grants.

Moreover, its his second very dumb move regarding this project. The first one was to jump the gun and make press releases about his work before he had even published it in a peer reviewed journal.

So you're correct. If he's going to get funded he's going to have to do it himself. I'm betting that he won't do that. But even if he does he will still be faced with the problem of credibility no matter what his research shows. That's where he will take the really big hit. If he shows positive results he's going to have to publish his work in a major journal - and it will probably have to be Physical Letters A. And the hit willbe, "Isn't this the guy who was on Art Bell's show promoting a pop-sci book?"

He's going to need, not $250,000, but millions of research dollars if his initial results are positive. But if his peers have doubts about his credibility he's going to have the same problem only bigger (in dollars) the next go round.

And that's a shame - assuming that he ends up with positive results. But it will be no one's fault but his own.

Pamela,

I agree that getting grant funding through the University in this area is difficult. But its not impossible. But I think that this is where Dr. Mallett is really having his funding problems:

He's been a PhD physicist for almost 30 years - and he's produced exactly two published research papers. He's basically an uknown person in his field from the aspect of advancing the science of theoretical physics. If you look at the CV's for the other members of the physics department at Tulane his output is virtually zero. His peers have produced dozens or even hundreds of published works in their fields.

Why can't he get research funding? Probably because over the past three decades he hasn't been doing any research that people who fund theoretical physics projects can point to and, based on his output, make a risk/reward assessment.

And we've been talking about Art Bell and David Anderson. David Anderson is not someone that a legitimate physicist wants to have his name associated with if he's looking for respect (and funding) in his field.

Art made the Mallett/Anderson connection in his intro to the show. And that is why I brought it up on the Mallett thread. Art indirectly associated Mallett with someone whom we highly suspect of having played a hoax (or worse because money was involved) on the Internet time travel community.

Mallett did himself a huge professional disservice by appearing on Coast-2-Coast - and Art added to it. Dumb and Dummer.

It was a very smart move for Mallett to go on Art's show if his sole motivation was to promote his book. That will make him a lot of money.

But it was a very dumb move to go on to Art's show if he really wants to have any credibility in his field and obtain research grants.

Moreover, its his second very dumb move regarding this project. The first one was to jump the gun and make press releases about his work before he had even published it in a peer reviewed journal.

So you're correct. If he's going to get funded he's going to have to do it himself. I'm betting that he won't do that. But even if he does he will still be faced with the problem of credibility no matter what his research shows. That's where he will take the really big hit. If he shows positive results he's going to have to publish his work in a major journal - and it will probably have to be Physical Letters A. And the hit willbe, "Isn't this the guy who was on Art Bell's show promoting a pop-sci book?"

He's going to need, not $250,000, but millions of research dollars if his initial results are positive. But if his peers have doubts about his credibility he's going to have the same problem only bigger (in dollars) the next go round.

And that's a shame - assuming that he ends up with positive results. But it will be no one's fault but his own.

Darby,

Good investigation. Do you know anything new about Dr. Mallet now?

Darby,

Good investigation. Do you know anything new about Dr. Mallet now?

I haven't followed the story (actually non-story) for a long time. Mallett was basically done when his paper was shredded by peer reviewers. His grandstand play with the first paper cost him dearly in the physics community. His silly math errors in the journal published version pretty much finished him. His attempts to be the second coming of Michio Kaku of pop-sci time travel has almost put him into the crackpot category. No one takes his science seriously. Being a minor cult hero on alt-sci Internet message boards isn't the best approach to CV building for PhD's in physics.

Mallett isn't about time travel or going back in time to save poor old dad. He's about selling books, t-shirts, coffee mugs...

Kaku might be a media whore but his science is serious. Mallett hasn't been able to pull it off.

Back