Time Travel Movie Night

Every Tuesday night, TTI hosts a community watch-party where we experience a time travel movie (or television show) together! Hang out with us, watch something weird and maybe leave a few thoughts in the movie’s discussion thread.

How it works

Watch parties occur on the Curious Cosmos Twitch channel. and requires and Amazon Prime account to watch the

To join you need to:

1. Have an Amazon Prime subscription.
  2. Have a Twitch account .
  3. Connect your Twitch and Amazon accounts.

Once you have your accounts linked, head over to our Twitch channel on Tuesdays at 6:30 PM Pacific!

Learn more about watch parties here .

Movie Schedule

Minority Report

2021-06-30T01:30:00Z

John Anderton is a top ‘Precrime’ cop in the late-21st century, when technology can predict crimes before they’re committed. But Anderton becomes the quarry when another investigator targets him for a murder charge.

The Terminator

2021-07-07T01:30:00Z: The Terminator

In the post-apocalyptic future, reigning tyrannical supercomputers teleport a cyborg assassin known as the “Terminator” back to 1984 to kill Sarah Connor, whose unborn son is destined to lead insurgents against 21st century mechanical hegemony. Meanwhile, the human-resistance movement dispatches a lone warrior to safeguard Sarah. Can he stop the virtually indestructible killing machine?

Beginning shortly! Haven’t seen this one in a while…

The original Terminator tonight!

Well, Amazon removed Terminator as a watch party option. We’ll do Highlander tonight instead :slight_smile:

Well, I’m still working out a good system for planning and getting this info somewhere more public. I didn’t post about it this week, but we did stream this past Tuesday.

We watched a faux-documentary called The History of Time Travel:

It was… Meh. Interesting and entertaining enough to watch through, but they could have done something less hammy. The story thy told sounded like something I’ve heard before, but can’t place.

Will post the information for the next few movie nights this weekend!

1 Like

What time the movie night??

Every Tuesday night at 6:30 PM US Pacific :slight_smile:

The general info is here:

1 Like

Dang, got a little busy this week and forgot to post the movie schedule. Work and life is a little more demanding than usual this week but all good things.

Tonight, we’ll watch Parallel:

We watched this a few weeks back, but I really enjoyed it. We’re still small and quiet enough to where this isn’t actually a repeat :wink: I’ll get that put together and we’ll start the show here in about 30 minutes!

At some point over the course of the next few movie nights, I’ll get something more visible put together and put this stuff somewhere helpful on the homepage. We’ll get there. Takes time when you’re rolling your own, but the end result is better for it.

1 Like

Tonight’s stream is being interrupted tonight by some interesting developments on the Cosmo homestead. Stay tuned later this week for info.

Regular movie night will resume next week.

:vulcan_salute:

Put in my two weeks, going to go back to freelance work and spend more time with my kids. I’ll also have more time for TTI, so expect a more rapid pace of development in the coming months.

2 Likes

Tonight, we’ll give Coherence a try:

“On the night of an astronomical anomaly, eight friends at a dinner party experience a troubling chain of reality bending events.”

Sounds great :wink: Stop on by around 6:30 Pacific and join the watch party!

Here we go! Starting in 5.

Tonight we’re watching Time Crimes!

This one was suggested by @Bemfactor7 here:

See you tonight at 6:30 Pacific :slight_smile:

Brief delay caused by construction behind our house taking the power out :wink: Beginning shortly!

Well, this has been interesting. Power went out, then spilled ramen broth all over the desk, then found out TimeCrimes isn’t available for watch parties anymore.

So… We’ll change timelines and watch Mandela Effect tonight. Apologies to @Bemfactor7, was excited to try that other one out! I’ll see if I can figure out when it’ll be available.

Hey Cosmo, what a bummer! I was looking forward to joining in. Big thanks for taking a movie recommendation from a new guy like me (although I’ve lurked and occasionally posted on the past versions of TTI for years). TimeCrimes will not disappoint. I watched it for free on Tubi last year, IIRC.

1 Like

I was researching some better watch party options over the weekend, and found something called Scener:
Watch shows and movies synced together and hang out over video chat

It’s a browser extension you install, and lets you join watch parties for most of the streaming services out there. You all have to have an account for those streaming services, but is otherwise free. Means we’re not limited to what we can find on Amazon Prime.

I’m going to try and find Timecrimes again tomorrow on Twitch/Prime, but if not that then we’ll give Dark a chance on Netflix using Scener.

Coming soon as well will be some Curious Cosmos movie nights. That’ll be the “other weird stuff” outlet :wink:

1 Like

Alrighty, tonight we’re doing something a little different and giving Scener a try. Here’s tonight’s link to watch Dark, S01E01 on Netflix tonight at 6:30:

1. Install the extension
  2. Make sure you’re signed into whatever streaming service
  3. Click the link below:

https://scener.com/curiouscosmos/qQa1Kav7qk74OjOIQ9mf

I’ll hang out a bit on Twitch afterward, maybe talk about the show and have an extremely terrible time doing it. I’ll get better over time or I won’t, but I’ll still do it.

Streams after this will be planned and announced 4 to 6 weeks in advance so you have time to make room for the ones that interest you :slight_smile:

Hope to see you there!

Well, now I have to watch all of them.