How to make a time travel claim

Whether you’re from the past, from the future, immortal, or perhaps from an alternate reality, our community would love to hear your story.

Stake your claim and share your wisdom. Ask and answer questions, and experience the current year with us.

Role-play is welcomed!

Getting Started

If you’re not already registered, doing so is quick and easy. Time Travel Institute will never reveal your personal information (except where US law requires us to do so).

Once you’re logged in, create a new thread in the Time Travel Claims category.

You’ll see a few writing prompts; please fill in as much information as you can. The more detail you put in up front, the better the questions or replies will be.

Example:

From where and when did you depart?
Florida, 2036

Where and when did you arrive?
Florida, 2000

Describe the mechanisms involved in your time travel:
I use a C204 time machine, manufactured by Geneal Electric It is a stationary mass, temporal displacement unit powered by two top-spin, dual positive singularities", producing a "standard off-set Tipler sinusoid It contains:*

• Two magnetic housing units for the dual micro singularities
  • An electron injection manifold to alter mass and gravity of the micro singularities
  • A cooling and X-ray venting system
  • Gravity sensors, or a variable gravity lock
  • Four main cesium clocks
  • Three main computer units

The device was installed in the rear of a 1966 Chevrolet Corvette.

Was this intentional, accidental or forced?
Intentional

If intentional, for what purpose did you travel through time?
The first “leg” of my trip was from 2036 to 1975. After two VGL checks, the divergance was estimated at about 2.5% (from my 2036). I was “sent” to get an IBM computer system called the 5100. It was one the first portable computers made and it has the ability to read the older IBM programming langages in addition to APL and Basic. We need they system to “debug” various lagacy computer programs in 2036. UNIX has a problem in 2038.

If accidental or forced, describe the circumstances leading to your temporal displacement:
N/A

Anything in particular you’d like to discuss?
I have come to warn you of impending civil ware. You are disliked in our time for having it all and throwing it away, and maybe I can change things for your timeline.

Role-play is encouraged!

All are welcome to throw their hat into the ring and see how they can take it. Our focus, where it comes to claims, is not proving whether you are “real”. The more exciting discussions arise from the theories and the concepts put forth by your claim, so make it an interesting one.

We are about thought experiments and exercises in discernment, so all attempts should be of the highest effort. Put some purpose into it! Threads that devolve into absurdity (as determined by @Cosmo) will be pruned or locked—quality over quantity.

What happens next?

All entries are reviewed before they’re published.

If your entry was filled out correctly, it will be posted. If we require more information in order to publish your entry, @Cosmo will reach out to you and let you know what is needed to complete the process.

Once your entry has been posted, our community will be able to ask questions and interact with you through your thread. Please engage with our community as much as you’re able, and answer as many questions as possible.

If your claim retains reasonable doubt after a period of time, you’ll be added to the Time Travel Registry.

Our community have been given guidelines on how best to interact with you. These guidelines include, but are not limited to:

• Common courtesy as described in our guidelines
  • No declarations of “this is a hoax”, “you’re full of crap” or similar statements
  • Questions/discussions are priority over debunking/verification

If you encounter any issues, would like to amend your claim or have any other questions, please send a private message to @Cosmo.

1 Like

Updated to add some clarity.

Thanks. Just an FYI. I have standard questions I ask everyone. My goal isn’t to debunk. If I met a real time traveler, I’d be 100% interested in their device and method.